Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve done this with both Stones and zinchenko, they both proved us very wrong.
Zinny yes but not Stones as much. He was at the core for every title we won. His biggest issue was injuries and not being able to recover from injury to his best form in the latter stage of season. This year he’s managed to stay fit for the latter half/business end of season instead and the masses have realised his quality plus obviously the new midfield role. I think Phillips will stay and prove us wrong. Genuinely don’t think in terms of quality he’s far off Declan, he can do everything Rice can, and we’ve seen him play for Bielsa very well

Tend to agree. When he was fit, he was even overlooked for Rico.

Even the Arsenal and Chelsea Cup games, a full England international sat on the sidelines.

Think Pep has dropped enough hints.
There was an interview with Phillips and Walker after one of the finals I think and it was clear from what Walker was saying that certain players have been telling him it’s normal and it will be different next season. I think just trying to be a good teammate/friend. But Kalvin has taken it literally. He doesn’t seem to notice the important difference… those other players still played football in their first season, they were still trusted. He didn’t, and isn’t.

Doesn't have to be West Ham he chooses to move to.

West Ham would obviously prefer it, but the black and white of it is simply being honest.

Done the same previously with Zin and also Laporte.

They have a contract and Kalvin can back himself to stay and show something in training or limited minutes to change the perspective.
But no Rice before Kalvin decides? If Kalvin decides to back himself in pre-season Rice might already have gone.

Doesn't have to be West Ham he chooses to move to.

West Ham would obviously prefer it, but the black and white of it is simply being honest.

Done the same previously with Zin and also Laporte.

They have a contract and Kalvin can back himself to stay and show something in training or limited minutes to change the perspective.
Already turned down Newcastle though hasn’t he? Realistically West Ham will be the best offer on the table for him.

Tough on the lad but ultimately the right decision. Some transfers don’t work out for a variety of reasons. Philips is still a very good player but to get into this city team you have to be exceptional at certain aspects and so far albeit in his limited performance we have just not seen it. Which is a shame as we all want our players to do well.
The lads mentality isn’t right , he came back from the World Cup weighing more than when he left for it , and he was celebrating the treble like he’d made a big contribution to it , he was forefront on the celebrations. Wrong attitude full stop. I’m no big Rice lover , but I’d take him all day long if it meant Philips going , Rodri didn’t get a decent rest because of him , but thankfully he runs through brick walls for this club.

The Philips/rice swap makes so much sense. Can Phillips step up? Not sure. Maybe he is suited to a team with smaller demands. Typical city we miss out on rice because Kalvin does not go. Says a lot about the club and environment we create for the players.

Time to cut and run Phillips or waste a season on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.