Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always surprised at fans condemning one of our players. A player who joins and has a serious injury requiring an operation, and months of recovery, is not a player to be condemned, nor disregarded. A shot across the bow by Pep is not a reason for one of our players to be sidelined for good. I will support Kalvin for as long as he is a City player. He has talent and hopefully he will show it with a full pre-season under his belt and an extra cup and tournament to play.
You seem to be conflating posters offering an opinion on the relative merits of a player on a forum with supporters abusing a player at a game.

In your view it would seem that everyone should just post that Phillips just needs time and a good pre season to cement his place as a useful member of the squad. I'm sure that every poster would love that outcome but many (myself included) can't see it happening based on his efforts (or lack of at times) last season.

His celebrations don't bother me but his total lack of impact thus far does.

I am not conflating nor confusing the issue. The man has played around 600 minutes - it is too early to judge - just as it was too early to judge Grealish, Rodri or Gundogan.

It’s a funny old world…I have the temerity to suggest there’s possibly some attraction for Rice to join us instead of you and I get quite a lot of vitriol the amount of which, more usually reserved for United and Liverpool fans.

Are we now more a threat than them? God only knows.

Wouldn't flatter yourself. Vitriol here often tends to get reserved for entitlement. Matters not be it Arsenal, Villa, Spurs fans, or even blues.

That, and bad spelling/grammar.

Rates him so much that he hardly played him last season, even when it was obvious to all that Rodri was blowing out of his arse? He even played Rico Lewis ahead of him

'He clearly doesn't rate him, hey look, he even played a 38 year old fernandinho there ahead of him (Ake). He doesn't trust him, he played a 16 year old Garcia instead (Stones). He went with a half fit Gundogan instead (Rodri). He'd rather risk a misfiring Sterling than give him a chance (Grealish). He doesn't trust him he played a RB there' etc etc. Happy to wait and see what the year brings for Phillips.

Did he win the treble ? Or was he just associated with a team who actually did it , you know , from playing football and actually contributing?

Did the kit man win the treble? Or the medical and backroom staff? Or come to think of it, you or I or anyone at the parade.

If he hadn't been celebrating with the team, he'd be getting grief for sulking, not showing he wants to be here and so on.

Did he win the treble ? Or was he just associated with a team who actually did it , you know , from playing football and actually contributing?
Well he did win the treble we all saw his medal.

And define contribution as no one here has a clue about what happens day to day in the squad, and how he has contributed on the whole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.