Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be conflating posters offering an opinion on the relative merits of a player on a forum with supporters abusing a player at a game.

In your view it would seem that everyone should just post that Phillips just needs time and a good pre season to cement his place as a useful member of the squad. I'm sure that every poster would love that outcome but many (myself included) can't see it happening based on his efforts (or lack of at times) last season.

His celebrations don't bother me but his total lack of impact thus far does.
The problem is every thread seems to turn into the Kalvin Phillips thread. If you want to discuss him go to his own thread.

I caught up on 40 pages of this thread last night and I learnt less about the Rice transfer and more about how Kalvin celebrated too much or how much pep hates him. It’s seriously boring now.

The problem is every thread seems to turn into the Kalvin Phillips thread. If you want to discuss him go to his own thread.

I caught up on 40 pages of this thread last night and I learnt less about the Rice transfer and more about how Kalvin celebrated too much or how much pep hates him. It’s seriously boring now.
It's relevant in this thread as seemingly the possibility of Rice joining us is dependent on Phillips being shipped out.

If people were discussing the Bernardo or Walker situation in this thread then I'd agree that it would be seriously off topic.

It's relevant in this thread as seemingly the possibility of Rice joining us is dependent on Phillips being shipped out.

If people were discussing the Bernardo or Walker situation in this thread then I'd agree that it would be seriously off topic.
But we were always bringing in 2 midfielders this window regardless of Kalvin… now our attention has turned to Rice, Kalvin needs to be shipped out. Lol.

Little did I know that when I caught up with this thread this morning, I would know that Phillips was an integral part of the entertainment team and his karaoke, stand up and magicians tricks where key in team morale and that Pep loves him for it.

Oh well, Rice would have been great from a football perspective but keeping the troops laughing comes first I suppose.

Little did I know that when I caught up with this thread this morning, I would know that Phillips was an integral part of the entertainment team and his karaoke, stand up and magicians tricks where key in team morale and that Pep loves him for it.

Oh well, Rice would have been great from a football perspective but keeping the troops laughing comes first I suppose.

Funnily enough, I can actually find that more believable than Pep told him he doesn't stand a chance next season and needs to go so we can bring Rice in.

Question for any Arsenal fan on here. Forget the honours list. What are your historical moments? For example, a reigning monarch opening your new stadium, competing in the centennial cup final, being relegated as reigning champions, having a goalkeeper playing with a broken neck…….that sort of thing.

Well as you asked. The whole club got invited to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen

As for broken bones I think we're probably the only team to have 3 players get their legs brokens by the opposition in the space of 3 years. At least 3 players careers destroyed by being kicked off the park in that time

Well as you asked. The whole club got invited to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen

As for broken bones I think we're probably the only team to have 3 players get their legs brokens by the opposition in the space of 3 years. At least 3 players careers destroyed by being kicked off the park in that time
And don't forget your 60000 broken hearts, by us playing you off the park.

Last edited:
I wonder if many are more keen on the idea of Rice signing because it seems to involve pipping Arsenal to the signing, and the bragging rights with their fans. As opposed to just wanting the player here.

I also find it odd that almost the same people who usually care so much about how the club's transfer business looks to the outside, (i.e the appearance of being shrewd, not overspending, not being desperate etc etc) aren't in the slightest bothered about the optics of getting a 40m signing seemingly so wrong to go spend over 100m to rectify it the very next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.