Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if many are more keen on the idea of Rice signing because it seems to involve pipping Arsenal to the signing, and the bragging rights with their fans. As opposed to just wanting the player here.

I also find it odd that almost the same people who usually care so much about how the club's transfer business looks to the outside, (i.e the appearance of being shrewd, not overspending, not being desperate etc etc) aren't in the slightest bothered about the optics of getting a 40m signing seemingly so wrong to go spend over 100m to rectify it the very next season.
Some fair points I think mate, for me personally, whilst he improves us slightly in some aspects, he improves Arsenal massively (in my view) , so if Arsenal continue next season in a similar vein as last, he may well make the difference (or be a big part of it), so in my head, it kind of makes sense.

Caicedo is available for £100m inc add ons and Barella would be maybe £80m?

No links with Barella, but if we cannot move Phillips on I feel he would offer the best balance to our midfield.

Seems a very technical player, with a good shot and times his runs well.

However, I imagine Pep has studied him a lot being one of Inter’s better players and for whatever reason does not fancy him, or been told he does not want a move.

Shame as to my uneducated eye and also I’ve not watched that much of Inter, but the bits I have seen and the hype about him, would be a very exciting signing.

No links with Barella, but if we cannot move Phillips on I feel he would offer the best balance to our midfield.

Seems a very technical player, with a good shot and times his runs well.

However, I imagine Pep has studied him a lot being one of Inter’s better players and for whatever reason does not fancy him, or been told he does not want a move.

Shame as to my uneducated eye and also I’ve not watched that much of Inter, but the bits I have seen and the hype about him, would be a very exciting signing.
Barella and Kovacic are similar players. So far vamy see a Barrela signing.

What happened with Phillips?

What about what happened to Walker, Stones, Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Barry, Lescott etc. They’ve completely lived the dream. If he’s looking at what happened with Phillips and not the majority of the crew then he can’t have much faith in himself.

Having said that, sounds like we’re not in for him as deep as Arsenal are so unless something changes then he’ll probably go there because that’s the only real option.
Phillips won England's player of the year (or whatever they're calling it) after the Euros i think, he's spent last season not even laying a glove on the first 11 at City. Don't get me wrong i think most of it is Phillips' own doing, comeback from the WC fit and ready and you give yourself a chance, he didn't bother. But as an outsider, which Rice is, you can't blame him to be worried a bit. I think it does boil down to how much he believes in himself though, you gotta back yourself for the fight otherwise just go to Arsenal and be guaranteed to play, and maybe be part of something over there.

Either way, i think we'll be alright..!

Well as you asked. The whole club got invited to Buckingham Palace to have tea with the Queen

As for broken bones I think we're probably the only team to have 3 players get their legs brokens by the opposition in the space of 3 years. At least 3 players careers destroyed by being kicked off the park in that time
You kicked us off the park at Wembley in that semi final with the blessing of Mr Pawson. David Silva in the first ten minutes will attest to that. Ramsey did play again once or twice after that I seem to recall. A fairly weak attempt but an attempt no less. We had three careers totally ended by one club didn’t we.

Last edited:
City won't sign Rice unless Phillips is moved on. West Ham are desperate for him to be included.
This is what I said about 500 pages ago. It just makes so much sense. Rice is leaving West Ham and we want him. We don’t need PHillips any more and West Ham want him. Just need to get the players onboard and sort the money out. I still wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan deal being included as a sweetener.

Phillips won England's player of the year (or whatever they're calling it) after the Euros i think, he's spent last season not even laying a glove on the first 11 at City. Don't get me wrong i think most of it is Phillips' own doing, comeback from the WC fit and ready and you give yourself a chance, he didn't bother. But as an outsider, which Rice is, you can't blame him to be worried a bit. I think it does boil down to how much he believes in himself though, you gotta back yourself for the fight otherwise just go to Arsenal and be guaranteed to play, and maybe be part of something over there.

Either way, i think we'll be alright..!

Phillips is good player but what worries me is his shielding of the ball when in possession!? The few game he has played there been a few times where he has the ball and easily muscled of the ball and they on our goal! If that improves he can be an asset to us! What he is good at is that first time long pass to put us on attack when other midfielders keep it and pass back or wide..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.