Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal gotta bid soon or something is definitely off
Arsenal will have to come up with more money, with either the money they already have or more credits from their banks. At the moment, they are bidding for Timber from Ajax, and they had to submit a second bid. After all these talks, they will have contracts they will need to pay up. Hopefully, for them, the Walmart money is good.

Arsenal with or without Rice will be under enormous pressure from the first game of this season. It'll be interesting to see if they freak out if they don't start perfectly.

(Last year I was interested in them because of Jesus and Zinchenko - until they became a threat. This year I'm more interested in Chelsea and Newcastle. And as ever hoping Liverpool and United are shit)

Arsenal will have to come up with more money, with either the money they already have or more credits from their banks. At the moment, they are bidding for Timber from Ajax, and they had to submit a second bid. After all these talks, they will have contracts they will need to pay up. Hopefully, for them, the Walmart money is good.

£115m alone between Havertz and Timber? Don`t think we want to do £100m more to be honest whereas i think including add ons we would?

I wonder if many are more keen on the idea of Rice signing because it seems to involve pipping Arsenal to the signing, and the bragging rights with their fans. As opposed to just wanting the player here.

I also find it odd that almost the same people who usually care so much about how the club's transfer business looks to the outside, (i.e the appearance of being shrewd, not overspending, not being desperate etc etc) aren't in the slightest bothered about the optics of getting a 40m signing seemingly so wrong to go spend over 100m to rectify it the very next season.
Personally I don’t think that the apparent optics of replacing Phillips after one season should have any bearing on our transfer dealings.

Phillips was ostensibly fit and available for selection for the final five months of last season, and therefore had ample opportunity to impress in training, but Guardiola chose not to play him. In actual fact, Guardiola chose to play anyone but Phillips, and the contribution Phillips made to last season was comparable to that of Abdul Razak in 2011/12.

Key players such as Rodri and Gundogan were essentially overused and an injury to either of them would have derailed our season, a point emphasised by the praise Khaldoon handed to the medical team in his end of year review. The club know that they will need to secure proper cover / competition for Rodri next season, particularly with Gundogan departing, and we can’t afford to carry a player who does not contribute.

It’s unfortunate for Phillips, who I’m sure regrets coming back from the WC overweight, but we can’t allow a poor decision in one transfer window to create problems in this and future windows.

If only we lived in a world with an invention that allowed people to actually talk to somebody and negotiate a deal. It seems a bit weird to keep bidding. Has football got it's own version of ebay?

Apart from the poor grammar, your use of punctuation in this and the preceding post is wrong. As for the risible attempt at abusing me, was it written by a 13 year old. Are you Adrian Mole, in disguise?
As we’re be irritatingly banal - Adrian Mole was a fictional character so, strictly speaking , that means he can’t be in disguise, otherwise he’d be a different character. Also, I don’t like the use of ‘wrong’. It would be preferable to have used ‘incorrect’ you southern ponce……

There is definitely something suspicious for me regarding the Rice deal why havent they bidded yet. I wouldnt be suprised if Rice comes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.