Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something strange about that Arsenal bid. They wanted to pay 75m over 5 years, now they're offering 100m (and in the meantime, are spending big on Havertz and Timber).

Either they've found a lot of money from somewhere, or they're offering another long-term payment plan. If it's the latter, I'm not surprised West Ham aren't satisfied and want to bleed them dry.

Are they trying to raise the price for us, or scare us off?
or a third option - bid 105m gets rejected and arsenal fans don’t kick off at their board for not having cash. sort of a last ditch effort by arsenal

Something strange about that Arsenal bid. They wanted to pay 75m over 5 years, now they're offering 100m (and in the meantime, are spending big on Havertz and Timber).

Either they've found a lot of money from somewhere, or they're offering another long-term payment plan. If it's the latter, I'm not surprised West Ham aren't satisfied and want to bleed them dry.

Are they trying to raise the price for us, or scare us off?
I was staggered a bit but since WH want the money by 2025 then I think we have room to manover. I hope Pep gets his player because losing our on JB and Gundogan board have to try. One more time then walk away match but better the terms. Hopeful it will work out for best either way.

Fucking hell - over £100m for Declan ‘fucking’ Rice!

I’d seriously hope City are walking away from this absolute pantomime right now and aren’t considering a counter offer.

There is simply no way this player is worth anywhere near that level of investment.

Run for the hills City - please - and let Arsenal burn their money on this ridiculous deal!

Arsenal are clearly fucking desperate - we don’t need to be.

Common sense says we don’t go higher than Arsenal as he’s clearly not worth it. But the market doesn’t operate on what we think so yeah only City know if they’ll pull out or not. Maybe we’re truly invested in this
Bidding 90 million quid yesterday + what we've heard about Pep asking the board to get Rice done (along with Kovacic and Gvardiol) suggests to me that we are truly invested in it.

Everybody knew after our bid getting rejected last night that this would smash through the 100 million figure, I'm shocked at the negative/surprised reaction now Arsenal have made their move. City will make another bid to match Arsenal's, IMO, with more favourable payment conditions. Can't see us going in with an initial bid 10 million below what they value him at, then running for the hills after it gets rejected. Waste of time that'd be.

I think we’ll push the boat out on this one. The lad oozes class (on and off), and is still very young.

He’ll be a big part of the nucleus of the team for a good few years. Will seem like a snip after our second quad! We paid £100m two years ago for Jack and see where that got us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.