Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s madness to pay 100mill plus if you just got in Kovacic for 25mill. I know circumstances, apples and pears but come on.

I trust Txiki and Pep. If Rice comes in, great. If Philips is used for trading and getting the asking price within a bit of common sense, great again.
You can bet he will improve under Pep and probably needs a year to do so.

Is Rice the only option? Ofcourse he is not. Enough options in this huge market as it is.

One of the posts on here from yesterday (which is probably 100 pages back now) said that West Ham had 2 verbal offers of >£100m. Arsenal have formalised theirs, I’m assuming we’re the other one, and will do so today?
I’m guessing we haven’t formalised yet to study the official proposal Arsenal sent through and are perhaps thinking about how to beat it.

Pep and the market are smarter than you, Dialog.

Maybe you should update your valuations.

For starters, City don't offer 90m for players who are (just above) average. Common sense.
Say no more. You had me at that!

He'll be a blue come the end of the day.Arsenal have shown their hand and we will mach it with a better payment structure and add on's or just pay it all in one like Grealish.With players outgoing we can spend our 300 million prize money anyway we want and on who we want.
A bold statement sir.

Just don’t want us to do anything fucking stupid now. We don’t need to even level or top that bid. It’s far too much in my opinion anyway. I’ve got so much faith in who the club brings in now. Kovacic today proves that sometimes it’s better to work smarter and out of the limelight instead of these mammoth bids for Rice. That said I expect that Gvardiol will be done very soon now to settle any concerns at the club over the summer window.
Get Gvardiol, hello box to box Johnny Yaya!

If Pep really wants Rice, we should top Arsenal's offer. After delivering a three-peat and a treble, he deserves to be backed.

agreed! Anything else can be fluid but if Pep`s 3 main targets were Rice, Gvardiol and Kovacic then the club need to do that! Kova in, Gvardiol close so just do Rice and then anything else will be dependent on players leaving but Pep would no doubt be delighted to be backed to go for history again next season!

Not worth it. If Arsenal sign him for that price it will be heralded in the media and all we’ll hear about is how they’ve got one over on city. How he’s chosen history over money blah blah blah. If we sign him for that price it will be disgusting. Ruining football farmers league blah blah blah.

It’s better to overpay for a very good player then pay a lower amount for someone who isn’t as good. The ultimate aim is to have quality players in the team, not worry that we’ve spent a few quid extra on someone.

Comments have always been made that we overpaid. Whether that be Stones, Walker or Sterling. Do you wish we never signed them and bought cheaper players instead? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.