Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about generational talent player like Haaland while he is important he is not, Pep is still the most important for our club above any player we have even Haaland himself.

that's why i said Pep will always work with any cards in his hands because he the only select few manager with this kind power in the world. W so fortunate to have Pep as our manager but we also depended alot for him to do work on his magic so we can get away if our transfer target is not met.

I think people will only truly appreciate him long after he left from City and how extraordinary he was to transform this team to be one of the best if not the BEST club side in history of football.

The thing about Guardiola is that he has 20 years of this total football concept behind him, built on working with Cruyff who had 20 years built on working with Michels who worked with Reynolds ..... You get the picture.

No-one else can do what he can do, and all these wannabees, like Arteta and ten Hag, just can't pick up all that experience in a couple of years. It just won't work. We should do whatever we can to keep him around the club to mentor the next great total football guru, whoever that may be, over the next 5 to 10 years. Get him on the board, or whatever. If we don't, we are losing generations of knowledge and experience.

Will be a tough act to follow.

This is getting interesting, we obviously made a bid that was rejected and now the Arse have a British record bid in. I wonder if and when our next bid will go in and how much? I would assume match Arsenals but over a shorter period, any higher and I think we should walk away.
What about 5 Millon more over 7 years or 40 million up front with 40 next year, let them choose which.
If they want it all at once negociate a much lower price.

Sorry being silly but our owner knows a little bit about the cost of lending big amounts to banks never mind football clubs.

Refused to match arsenal's bid- west ham rejected our first bid so 2+2 suggests we are out
Perhaps West Ham want the money now (18 months) they now decide to take the offer, if still on the table. £100 million over 5 years probably same value or less as £90 million over 18 months

Funny as F### this, City pretend bidding for players, et al, Maguire, Fred, etc, etc! Just to make sure the other clubs spend on rubbish and break the bank!! Love it. I do like Rice though but not for that money!

We can't keep relying on him to "weave his magic", though. It doesn't set a good precedent if we want him to stay past his current deal.

You are right but he had two targets and the clubs not been able to deliver either. We may pull a rabbit out of the hat this window but I very much doubt it. I do think it’s a gamble re Phillips I saw nothing from him in the few minutes he played last season, in particular his performance at Soton when he started was woeful. As a few have said - others who have struggled in their first season have shown glimpses of what’s to come But, Phillips didn’t but maybe he didn’t get enough minutes. Something that will alarm Pep was Phillips ball retention against Chelsea at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.