Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how we’ve done business for a while now and it’s worked out well.
We have our valuation and if it goes beyond we move on.

Maybe I’m naive to what Rice could offer but the numbers did seem silly for what I see him as - will be interesting to see how he gets on if he goes to Arsenal.

I have no problems with City walking away. No drama needed either. Huge pressure on Arsenal next season. City won the treble with stones in midfield. Let’s not act like twats. We destroyed Arsenal last season and now they have won a little victory after city pushed the price up.

Good player and one we could have been doing with but we will move on. The world of football is quite big with lots of players able to join city and make an impact.

Pep wanted Jude
Pep wanted Rice

We've failed to get his two top targets, he's going to be a little disappointed, like khaldoon said in the interview Peps already thinking about next season, he wanted one of those and he hasn't got either.

We have missed out on his targets before but we've then got plan B, this time we've missed out on plan A and Plan B.

fair fucks to City sticking to our valuation the offer was a respectable one despite the hammers ridiculing it.

The obvious thing for me is City clearly believe they need another high calibre midfielder despite signing Kovacic. Will we look at another player or does history show we will go with what we have?!
Agree we are definitely right to stick with our valuation. The price seems mad and there will be better players than Rice that represent better value.

I get that it’s smarts a little at the moment and this feels like a loss. History tells us that we are rarely wrong in these affairs.

I agree that we have identified an area that needs some strengthening. Will will do that in due course, maybe sooner, maybe later. One thing for sure is that we will not panic or rush. We will take a considered approach and get it right.

Arsenal’s erratic bidding smells of panic.. it’s not our way these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.