Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep wanted Jude
Pep wanted Rice

We've failed to get his two top targets, he's going to be a little disappointed, like khaldoon said in the interview Peps already thinking about next season, he wanted one of those and he hasn't got either.

We have missed out on his targets before but we've then got plan B, this time we've missed out on plan A and Plan B.

Last time we missed out on plan an and plan b our plan c was Dias.

I think we have been here before, if reports are correct we went for McGuire and Koulibaly before we settled on Dias because we weren’t prepared to be rinsed. Look how those two did compared with Dias
Everyone knows the list by now, Alexis Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Kane, etc. Players we couldn't afford.

The club has a duty to keep the streak going - we can't live on past parsimonious glories, as soon "remember we couldn't afford Cucurella" will become our "Coutinho money".

Think of it as an important part of the transfer window - a gift to anyone who has to put up with "unlimited money" nonsense from redtop fans.

Something strange about this one. Not sure but I smell a rat. We don't do bidding wars.

I think we were hoping to get Rice to only want City, once we have that then we squeeze the price. Didn’t work so when Rice was willing to go to either side we made our top bid and left it at that.

I really see no problem here, whatsoever. We've saved ourselves an absurd amount of money for a good player, but no more.
As for “getting one over on the Arse”, and them having got one over on us. It's the kind of thing fans worry about. I would hope that the people who run us do not take any such guff into consideration.
Now: my proviso — and it's absolute — is that we do see the Gvardiol deal over the line. He goes into the back four (which is already pretty bloody well stocked), Johnny moves up permanently to stand beside Rodri. If Walker leaves it becomes a different problem. Although I don't in any case see Johnny as a thoroughly convincing right back, and never did. Deep midfield, though: yep, he's shown he can do it, and do it handsomely.
I was genuinely disappointed about not getting Bellingham. This? Leaves me stone cold.

Maybe Stones becomes a fully fledged CDM - Then Laporte stays and we bring in Gvardiol as defensive cover
Gvardiol isn't coming as cover mate. Laporte would be the cover, that isn't going to work for him I don't think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.