Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how we’ve done business for a while now and it’s worked out well.
We have our valuation and if it goes beyond we move on.

Maybe I’m naive to what Rice could offer but the numbers did seem silly for what I see him as - will be interesting to see how he gets on if he goes to Arsenal.
I think he could be on a hiding to nothing going to Arsenal

For one, he's gonna be their record signing and I don't feel they're gonna finish in the top 2 next season.

Its not like coming to City where the overall team is so good, so you get the luxury of having time to find your way while the team stays on top.

Imagine Rice signs to Arsenal and they don't finish top 4, which isn't out of the question. Liverpool could be back stronger, Chelsea could if the new manager gets them organised, then you have Newcastle making waves, plus the rags. Arsenal could very well land outside the top 4 and all the focus is gonna be on the record signing not making them better..

Plus his style of play is nothing flashy, he's just steady away, so it's not like he's gonna be banging goals even if Arsenal aren't as good as last season, which can often help a player avoid criticism.

If he's just steady away in the midfield in an arsenal side that are not as good as last season, it won't be long before he's being labelled as a waste of money. You can see it a mile off.

So disappointing. No Bellingham now not even Rice. With Gundo gone on top of that we’ll be weaker next season. Better hope Rodri never gets injured, he’s going to have to play about 60 games.

Really fucking gutted we pulled out of this just over a few more million. This is the summer we should have really gone for it, as Treble winners, not let bloody rivals catch up. Fucking shite. Fuck off arsenal.
Wow

I get the sentiment of those saying, we don’t want him if we are his second choice, but he was ours so you can understand any hesitation from his camp and ours not wanting to bid too much.

I know it goes against everything that’s been reported in the last couple of days, but I’ve always been told that this wasn’t ever close.

I honestly don’t think Rice is a player who we need.

In my opinion we need to keep Bernardo, bring Phillips up to speed, trust Foden more in a central role, and strengthen the right wing. Kovacic will just slot in like he’s been here for 5 years
Exactly what I’ve been saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.