Dedryk Boyata

He is a defender that can easily get a first team in the Rags' defense line.

stony said:
Cobwebcat said:
BigJoesArmy said:
It's laughable people think Boyata is better than Savic!

Boyata simply not good enough! This season I'd loan Savic to a PL club where he will get regular playing time which will only help him in the long run

Interested to know what has impressed you about the disaster that is Savic. Of our current squad only RSC is worse in my opinion.

There's no denying that Savic made some huge howlers that had the potential to prove very costly. Go back and read the threads about him after his first few games. People were wanking about how he would be Lescotts replacement and a long term partner for Vinny.

Last year was his first year in the prem and after making some high profile errors, his confidence took a massive blow. He's still young and I think he could develop into a good
player.

It's the potential. Yeah Savic has mad mistakes but didn't Boyata? I remember him getting sent off against arsenal then we got spanked! Has Savic made a mistake that cost us the game? Nearly but not quite.

Like I said in my early reply Savic needs to go out on loan for a season to a team like Sunderland, westbrom type build up his confidence. It would do us both a world of good.

I'd like Savic to STAY HERE and train AGAINST THE WORLD'S BEST, play in as many games as possible, and develop in house, rather than getting spanked every other week playing for some lower quality team that regularly loses 3-0! Like Guidetti, who went to a good team that would score goals and increase his confidence, Savic needs to play in a good DEFENSIVE set-up that is not going to ship goals all season. Ergo, stay here and get slid into the line up every now and then, especially when we are 3 up, etc...!!

Dedryck is only 21. We must trust in him.

Even Savic, clueless as he was last season, needs more experience to evaluate.

It would be nice to find PL loan moves for both, they need experience before we pass judgment.

I agree that we should keep him and let him develop. I don't want what happened to Onuhua to happen to him. It's a shame because Nedum could have been just as good as Richards.

In the long run, we won't be able to afford to buy world class centre backs, and if we are able to bring through a good CB who can become better by learning from the likes of Vinny/Lescott/Toure then the better for us!

He didn't look very good at all for Bolton, in any game, unfortunately.

He has more basic ability to defend individually plus more strength than Savic. He was able to knock Drogba off the ball (even when D actually tried to stay on his feet) but he still doesn't seem to have much idea how to defend as part of a back 4.

Both of them are nowhere near it & need to be playing week in week out somewhere, learn the game & improve 150% just to be good enough to be 5th choice for our team imo.

BigJoesArmy said:
It's laughable people think Boyata is better than Savic!

Boyata simply not good enough! This season I'd loan Savic to a PL club where he will get regular playing time which will only help him in the long run
Is this a joke, Boyata was excellent vs chelsea at home for us and had decent games in the 2 derbys he played whereas Savic has been shocking every match he has played.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 am --<br /><br />
ChicagoBlue said:
I'd like Savic to STAY HERE and train AGAINST THE WORLD'S BEST, play in as many games as possible, and develop in house, rather than getting spanked every other week playing for some lower quality team that regularly loses 3-0! Like Guidetti, who went to a good team that would score goals and increase his confidence, Savic needs to play in a good DEFENSIVE set-up that is not going to ship goals all season. Ergo, stay here and get slid into the line up every now and then, especially when we are 3 up, etc...!!
Why would Mancini risk playing Savic after all the fuck ups.

No body really seems to rate savic that much, but let's think about, he was thrown in at the deepend and I thought he did well. However I'd loan him out to a side who can provide champions league experience.

CUZZI said:
No body really seems to rate savic that much, but let's think about, he was thrown in at the deepend and I thought he did well. However I'd loan him out to a side who can provide champions league experience.
Great shout. Loan him to FC Copenhagen (or someone like that) for six months and then to a mid table Prem club for six months. He gets Champions Lg experience in the group stages and then Premier Lg experience in the crunch months.

Same for Boyata.

This sort of loan will do them more good than struggling to get a game for a struggling team down the bottom of the Prem where managers don't want to take the risk in playing them because they need to pick up points, and at least they'll be around positive thinking clubs with positive and confident working environments.

Even if it's to someone in the Europa Lg. At least it will be better than walking into training everyday with a club who are low on confidence and can't buy a win in the Prem. I don't think that will do a lot of good for morale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.