Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Really liked Garcia when he played in the youth and pre season games. Haven't seen him for corona, is he nowhere near capable or is there a chance?

Message in a bottle “corona” lol. I’m taking the piss but typing is hopeless so I can’t talk. Take your point we should look at Garcia - he’s a better understood to Fern than Stones.

Matt Smith>
Good choice too, Smith, Garcia and Luis. All 3 when they come back from loan should be aiming for that spot, atleast 2 of them should be able to make it when Dinho retires in a few years.

I think Pep likes Gundogan higher up and not as the single pivot midfielder, and Delph isn't that much younger than Dinho.

Good choice too, Smith, Garcia and Luis. All 3 when they come back from loan should be aiming for that spot, atleast 2 of them should be able to make it when Dinho retires in a few years.

I think Pep likes Gundogan higher up and not as the single pivot midfielder, and Delph isn't that much younger than Dinho.
IMO, Smith is the only one who could be good enough. He’s 19 and might need another loan somewhere, but he looks top class. Joe Hodge were unreal against the dippers for the U18s a couple months ago. Will be interesting to see how he develops. He’s 16 though so it will be a long time until we eventually see him with the first team

Some guys I'd also want us to consider (some aren't typical DMs):

- Rordi (Atletico)
- Rodrigo Bentancur (Juve)
- Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)
- Nicolo Barella (Cagliari)
- Julian Weigl (Dortmund)
- Marcos Llorente (Real Madrid)
- Sander Berge (Genk)
- Riqui Puig (Barcelona)

IMO, Smith is the only one who could be good enough. He’s 19 and might need another loan somewhere, but he looks top class. Joe Hodge were unreal against the dippers for the U18s a couple months ago. Will be interesting to see how he develops. He’s 16 though so it will be a long time until we eventually see him with the first team

What is the latest news with him though? How is he doing on loan and what was the outcome of the contract discussions? There seems to be very little out there.

Last edited:
What is the latest news with him though? How is he doing on loan and what was the outcome of the contract discussions? There seems to be very little out there.
Seems like he is doing very well there. Don’t know about the contract situation

Some guys I'd also want us to consider (some aren't typical DMs):

- Rordi (Atletico)
- Rodrigo Bentancur (Juve)
- Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)
- Nicolo Barella (Cagliari)
- Julian Weigl (Dortmund)
- Marcos Llorente (Real Madrid)
- Sander Berge (Genk)
- Riqui Puig (Barcelona)

Add Danilo Pereira (FC Porto)

Not actually seem him play for Twente but he is a guaranteed starter for them which is all good for his development at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.