Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. oldius

oldius

I read some exrremely positive comments today from the Twente manager.

2. Steve68

Steve68

As Neves plays for Wolves and G was ruling out paying silly money specifically when asked about him, I’m going out on a limb and answer ‘yes’.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2019
    ojeme likes this.
  3. ganganvince

ganganvince

Liverpool sniffing around apparently, they do love a freebie.

Colin Bells Boots likes this.
  4. Steve68

Steve68

Yep. Pep is right not to blow our wage budget into the stratosphere by signing him. Like I said and Pep has subsequently also said - we need to be developing either from our own ranks or through good value signings because we cannot compete with Real, Barca and PSG wages without massively hiking our own.

This guy was adking for and got practically more than KDB gets.

Insane and I’m glad we’re not part of it.

As I’ve said before. I’d be happier not signing players like Mahrez, and letting young players come through instead of our Academy acting as a Bundislaga or La Liga feeder club.

I’m against signing Isco to replace Silva for the same reason.

5. The Riot Club

The Riot Club

Your opinion, to which you're entitled of course, and who knows, perhaps you'll be correct.

In my opinion if we did that we'd get left behind when we really should be trying to establish a long term dominance while everything is in place - vastly wealthy owner, superb standard of football and Pep of course. I think right now we should outspend anyone to sign a player Pep wants. If PSG/rags/Chelsea can afford to pay people 400k a week then I don't see why we can't. We don't want to become like Spurs; penny pinching and trophyless yet playing quite nice football. If as often stated our heirarchy's intent is to win the CL then we need to stay ahead of teams who will also pay big wages and fees.

6. Big Yaya Wilko 12

Big Yaya Wilko 12

Sky Sports apparently saying we're interested in Idrissa Gueye from Everton. I rate him. Good stats!

Would that be a quick deal over the next few days or a summer job?

7. Steve68

Steve68

Take it up with Pep. I’m just repeating what he said about not being able to compete for de Jong and others regarding wages.

8. Delphinho

Delphinho

He turns 30 this year. No thanks

9. the_tevez_wiggle

the_tevez_wiggle

Rodri Hernandez looks a quality young player. 22 years old, mobile, great tackler, plays pivot well, decent in the air & nice passing range. If the €50m clause is true might be a great option to learn of ferna.

10. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

You don’t get it....you don’t get what CFG is, what Sheikh Mansour & Khaldoon want, or what Pep wants. Chemistry is a 12th man...and we will never be like Levy’s Spurs...blasphemer!