Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Any new DM is going to be 2nd choice after Ferna initially. He would need to learn the system and take part in rotation next season.
As for being 3rd choice, no idea what you mean mate, City aren't going to buy 2 DMs. Ferna, new DM and perhaps someone younger (Gomes or Smith) and that's it.

Found good video demonstrating Ndombele's qualities.

Tolmie said a while ago that Weigl and Fred was an option, so I don't think we can rule out 2 central midfielders who predominantly want to play as the #6 arriving in the summer. Fact is Fernandinho's getting old, and he's not going to get a summer break. It would not be surprising if he had a drop off like Yaya's post-2014 world cup.

Ndombele + De Jong would be an ideal pair of targets IMO. In Ndombele you have someone who's really good at holding on to the ball, more mobile and more of a genuine box to box, and is probably ready to play right away. In de Jong you've got someone who needs a bit more coaching to know when to go for it, and when not to, but he's got an ability to see passes, or see how he can get a teammate into space with a run is incredible. They both offer the 2 different styles of player you can go for at the back IMO.

Last edited:
When are we going to stop talking about Frenkie de Jong? He even mentioned us by name when he signed his contract extension not 3 months ago and said he wasn't ready.

Tolmie said a while ago that Weigl and Fred was an option, so I don't think we can rule out 2 central midfielders who predominantly want to play as the #6 arriving in the summer. Fact is Fernandinho's getting old, and he's not going to get a summer break. It would not be surprising if he had a drop off like Yaya's post-2014 world cup.

Ndombele + De Jong would be an ideal pair of targets IMO. In Ndombele you have someone who's really good at holding on to the ball, more mobile and more of a genuine box to box, and is probably ready to play right away. In de Jong you've got someone who needs a bit more coaching to know when to go for it, and when not to, but he's got an ability to see passes, or see how he can get a teammate into space with a run is incredible. They both offer the 2 different styles of player you can go for at the back IMO.
Yup. Those 2 will easily do it for me. You are practically getting Yaya and Dihno's replacements in one go.

Any new DM is going to be 2nd choice after Ferna initially. He would need to learn the system and take part in rotation next season.
As for being 3rd choice, no idea what you mean mate, City aren't going to buy 2 DMs. Ferna, new DM and perhaps someone younger (Gomes or Smith) and that's it.

Found good video demonstrating Ndombele's qualities.

His play style looks similar to Milinkovic Savic. I can see us going for him if Savic prove to be too expensive (which he probably will be).

His play style looks similar to Milinkovic Savic. I can see us going for him if Savic prove to be too expensive (which he probably will be).

How much would be 'too expensive', if Pep wanted us to sign him to improve the first team and increase our chances of winning even more trophies?

How much would be 'too expensive', if Pep wanted us to sign him to improve the first team and increase our chances of winning even more trophies?
I'd say he's in the 90-100M range kind of player and we haven't yet reached the barrier. But then we might just go through it after the Neymar price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.