Defensive Midfielder

Does Pep really want what most of us would consider a defensive midfielder in the Fern or Kante mould?

Based on who he has tried to buy (Jorghino) and actually bought (Rodri) I think he really wants a deep lying playmaker. His ideal would be a young Busquets or young Pep!
Unfortunately Locatelli announced at Juventus. Perfect Pep player. Would take another look at Saúl Ñiguez in a sort of swap deal with Bernardo

Fernandinho will be fine after a few games. The problem is with Rodri, I think Pep has lost a lot of trust with him.
Why after a few games?

I would say the opposite, older players usually start the season on fire after a long summer break and a good pre season in them.

Its usually when the autumn kicks in and 10-15 games in their old legs they start to fade.

The guy has been a magnificent player, probably the most under valued in the last decade but 36 is a hell of an age for a player in his position in this league.

Does Pep really want what most of us would consider a defensive midfielder in the Fern or Kante mould?

Based on who he has tried to buy (Jorghino) and actually bought (Rodri) I think he really wants a deep lying playmaker. His ideal would be a young Busquets or young Pep!
I remember reading somewhere Pep was looking at a different type of player for that position, this was pre Rodri, so maybe you're right, my issue is, why fix something that isn't broke, so to speak, and the fact Fern still gets plenty of games over Rodri, makes me wonder if Pep has had a second thought.

Why after a few games?

I would say the opposite, older players usually start the season on fire after a long summer break and a good pre season in them.

Its usually when the autumn kicks in and 10-15 games in their old legs they start to fade.

The guy has been a magnificent player, probably the most under valued in the last decade but 36 is a hell of an age for a player in his position in this league.
We’ll see, I think he will be fine.

not the time sadly.. need a striker

again brings up the question "why did we need to spend 100m on an attacking midfielder now". only delays getting a much needed DM and LB.

other than that, yea would like to see lavia from time to time

again brings up the question "why did we need to spend 100m on an attacking midfielder now".
Bernardo wants to leave, Sterling hasn’t agreed to a new contract, and Mahrez will miss a chunk of the season at AFCON; Grealish is also an incredible talent in his own right.

I remember reading somewhere Pep was looking at a different type of player for that position, this was pre Rodri, so maybe you're right, my issue is, why fix something that isn't broke, so to speak, and the fact Fern still gets plenty of games over Rodri, makes me wonder if Pep has had a second thought.
Having such a destroyer in your team is simply another string to your bow,without such we would be significantly restricting our options and subsequently our assault on the four trophies.
A strong midfield general is a basic fundamental in any top squad,recent evidence only supports that,and we need to address this issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.