DeJong/Tevez/Advisors

Surely it's just a case that he isn't 100% match fit? He was out for a long time with that injury. This looks like a made-up non-story to me. The journalist even refers to the rotation policy, so I think they're just desperate to fill up the back pages whilst there's only boring international football to write about.

Whoever advises NDJ, our fantastic start to the season without him has weakened his position in regards to negotiating a new deal. The squad has proved it can cope without him and in some style.
However I hope he outs pen to paper sooner rather than later. Protracted contract talks don't do anyone any favours, particularly with a press hungry for stories about City, especially ones which show potential disharmony in the team.

WyongBlue said:
I was not impressed when I found out that these advisors had somehow managed to convince DeJong to let them handle him, and for someone who reputedly to be very savvy in the buisness world this is very surprising, and its frustrating to see DeJong mindset that must have been turned with promise's of $$$$$$$$$$ to come......DeJong is a very good player but no one is bigger than the club, as a certain player is finding out, still this story seems to have just jumped out, seems like more stirrings and manipulations are afoot.........

If your savvy in business this is the 1 man you would want helping you out contract wise in football. The bloke is a massive cock towards City ever since we axed Hughes but if you want a massive contract this is your man

southern muppet said:
Tolmie has already said De Jong isn't advised by Kia.

are you sure mate, I thought I had read that he was an advisor to De Jong, not his agent but an advisor, similar to what he does with herman? I also thought I had read that he (kia) was some sort of advisor to Joe Hart as well, have I imagined that?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
WyongBlue said:
I was not impressed when I found out that these advisors had somehow managed to convince DeJong to let them handle him, and for someone who reputedly to be very savvy in the buisness world this is very surprising, and its frustrating to see DeJong mindset that must have been turned with promise's of $$$$$$$$$$ to come......DeJong is a very good player but no one is bigger than the club, as a certain player is finding out, still this story seems to have just jumped out, seems like more stirrings and manipulations are afoot.........

If your savvy in business this is the 1 man you would want helping you out contract wise in football. The bloke is a massive cock towards City ever since we axed Hughes but if you want a massive contract this is your man

not if you want a contract with City......

Rammy Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
WyongBlue said:

not if you want a contract with City......

Who says he does. His loyalties lie with himself not us. Im not saying for a minute he doesnt want to stay but Kia has the record for the big money hard not to be attracted. As someone said the other day though, he has an agent.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
WyongBlue said:

If he was at any other club you'd be right. But when you're at a club that is probably in the top 2 or 3 in the world in terms of wages then choosing an advisor who is as dispised as much as Joorabchian is at City would be a bad decision imo. Unless he is incredibly confident that he can get him a move to Real or something but it would seem a bit of a gamble to say the least. This is assuming that Joorabchian is advising him of course.

Not a single quote from anyone, somebody lets one go next to Nigel in the stands, he gives the the bloke a " was that you..!!!" kind of a look and suddenly some crap reporter invents a whole fairytale?

Anyone else pleased to see Bobby handling the situation like this? If any other player wants to try and hold the club to ransom (not suggesting De Jong did btw) then step right up and lets see what happens. The reason Im pleased is not least to shove it down the throats of every single fucker (and there were TONS of them) who said that Mancini wouldnt be able to handle so many 'star' players together.

I'm a big fan of NDJ but the team has proven this season that he is not indispensable. I still think he will be crucial for certain games, I'd feel a lot better if he was patrolling the midfield against most of the Top 6 and CL away games if get further than the group stage.

The whole team need to appreciate now that it is a squad game, we have a "second team" that could probably finish in the Top 6 and rotation is going to be mandatory for a LOT of players. No one player is bigger than the team, as Tevez is finding out now.

I'm pretty sure City aren't trying to screw him over and he's probably been offered a decent salary that very few teams would match but good DMs, whilst rare, are almost never irreplaceable. I hope he agrees a new contract and signs, if he doesn't then I'll say "Goodbye and thanks for the effort and those sliding tackles" and support whoever is brought in to replace him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.