Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

It's only a matter of time.

The volume of traffic on the road is going to encourage more people to cycle. You will get everywhere quicker. Especially if it is inner city that you live.

The Scooter! That's the answer. Anyone fancy going into partnership to open a Vespa shop?

Why?

Surely better enforcement of the existing Road Transport Act would be the better course of action. A paltry fine and a few points for using a mobile phone whilst driving does nothing to stop idiots using their phones whilst driving.

If people drive within the rules, and give the road their full and undivided attention, and are courteous to all road users or face much greater consequences (larger fine and more driving bans, such as 3 months first offence) and face a greater chance of getting caught, then the road would be a much safer place, and you would cut road deaths substantially.

The cost of the extra funding for traffic officers would come from the huge savings from not having to shut major routes because some arsehole in a Jag smashed into a barrier on the M6 whilst on his mobile phone and wiped out a family car in the middle lane closing 3 lanes for 4 hours. Those kind of pile ups cost hundreds of thousands if not millions.

We are drifting off the subject of cycling somewhat here, but road users are road users, and being safe saves lives.

You clearly haven't driven round the lanes of Mobberley, Wilmslow , Ashley etc etc on a sunday. Fucking nuisances everyone of them and the thing is, they aren't really going anywhere, just aimlessly riding around in stupid clothes causing chaos, pointing at the road and waving traffic by. Twats.

You clearly haven't driven round the lanes of Mobberley, Wilmslow , Ashley etc etc on a sunday. Fucking nuisances everyone of them and the thing is, they aren't really going anywhere, just aimlessly riding around in stupid clothes causing chaos, pointing at the road and waving traffic by. Twats.
I thought you had posted earlier for a reaction but I fear you actually believe that shit... bikes were on the road before cars and the reality is that people use those cars unnecessarily (me included) when they could often easily walk .. this leads to congestion and then the drivers who are at wits end need a scapegoat.. laughable

I’d also add that weekend drivers are amongst the worst I see on the roads... far more erratic and careless than weekday road users

I thought you had posted earlier for a reaction but I fear you actually believe that shit... bikes were on the road before cars and the reality is that people use those cars unnecessarily (me included) when they could often easily walk .. this leads to congestion and then the drivers who are at wits end need a scapegoat.. laughable

I’d also add that weekend drivers are amongst the worst I see on the roads... far more erratic and careless than weekday road users

It's not a question of whether I ' believe that shit '. It's a fact, they clog the roads up, 2, 3 abreast and they don't seem to give a shit. And dont forget horses were on the roads before bikes and most bikes are used ' unnecessarily ' so I dont quite understand your point.

Tough shit pal. They're in front of you. Wait until it's safe to get past. It won't be that long.

I have driven round the lanes of Mobberly and Wilmslow as it happens. There are cyclists on the road, and yes they do on occasion slow up the traffic, but they are perfectly entitled to be there. I'm sorry that you find cyclists annoying; that says more about you than them. Maybe you should allow extra time in your journey to enable you to get where you need to go on time?

My work colleague who was killed recently was on a road very similar to the lanes of Wilmslow, and was likely killed by an impatient driver who gave no thought for anyone but himself. If you had cycled on a country lane you would know that you have to ride out wide on bends so that anybody approaching from behind at speed has a chance to see you. If you hug the inside of the bend, you stand more chance of getting wiped out by an idiot.

I have driven round the lanes of Mobberly and Wilmslow as it happens. There are cyclists on the road, and yes they do on occasion slow up the traffic, but they are perfectly entitled to be there. I'm sorry that you find cyclists annoying; that says more about you than them. Maybe you should allow extra time in your journey to enable you to get where you need to go on time?

My work colleague who was killed recently was on a road very similar to the lanes of Wilmslow, and was likely killed by an impatient driver who gave no thought for anyone but himself. If you had cycled on a country lane you would know that you have to ride out wide on bends so that anybody approaching from behind at speed has a chance to see you. If you hug the inside of the bend, you stand more chance of getting wiped out by an idiot.

In other words

Tough shit pal. They're in front of you. Wait until it's safe to get past. It won't be that long

It's not a question of whether I ' believe that shit '. It's a fact, they clog the roads up, 2, 3 abreast and they don't seem to give a shit. And dont forget horses were on the roads before bikes and most bikes are used ' unnecessarily ' so I dont quite understand your point.
My point is complaining about bikes who had as much (maybe more) right to be on the road makes you sound like a bit of a dick...

You’re not are you?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.