Demba Ba

Dax777 said:
On present form, anyone with common sense will take Ba. There was a time few years ago in Germany, when Ba was a side note at Hoffenhiem, and Dzeko was the god at Wolfsburg. Anyone then would have taken Dzeko. And we did. Correctly so.

But today, based on their form so far in the premiership, Ba has been the better option. These are just the facts devoid of any emotion.

So you all should stop trying to psuedo attack Jumanji. Not that he can't handle himself in an argument.

What is it that they say? Form is temporary but class is permanent?

Do we all agree Dzeko is class?? but struggling for form??

Ba is in really good form!! though I think he could be class ala late bloomer ala Drogba..

He is not yet in Dzekos class..

Yeah, let's buy a striker with glass knees who has failed numerous medicals in the past, he's been worth the gamble in the short-term for Newcastle but I think we should steer well clear of him.

Jumanji said:
Marvin said:
Jumanji said:
Ba consistently scores goals in England, thriving on rubbish service and creating something.

That's all I was saying.

I never fucking said that so no I'm not "telling you that I would have Ba over Dzeko", so don't put these words in my mouth or insinuate this.
Reading back anyone would think you rated Ba ahead of Dzeko
Who gives a fuck which players I personally rate.

That's the most sensible thing you've said - you're right, no one gives a fuck who you personally rate.......................................

Mancini - ohhh said:
Dax777 said:
On present form, anyone with common sense will take Ba. There was a time few years ago in Germany, when Ba was a side note at Hoffenhiem, and Dzeko was the god at Wolfsburg. Anyone then would have taken Dzeko. And we did. Correctly so.

But today, based on their form so far in the premiership, Ba has been the better option. These are just the facts devoid of any emotion.

So you all should stop trying to psuedo attack Jumanji. Not that he can't handle himself in an argument.

Ba is in really good form!! though I think he could be class ala late bloomer ala Drogba..

Sure! People do say that. But I sure as hell don't know what it means. I tend to focus strictly on form, and could give 2 nods about class. I'd take the form of Yakubu over the class of Torres right now. For me it is about production. Everything else is secondary.

Happily though, Dzeko is producing for us right now, 11 in 17 games. And thus I have no interest in replacing him. But if he was producing at Torres rate, I am sorry, I wouldn't care what Class he is in, I'd rather have Sturridge or Ba. And as it is obvious, so does AVB right now.

It is always about form. Class is for history books!

Mancini - ohhh said:

Inclined to agree with Dax on the class vs form argument. It all seems a bit too similar to the "Big Club" argument that the rags and dippers like to bang on about.

That said, I certainly wouldn't swap Ba for Dzeko all things considered.

Mancini - ohhh said:
Dax777 said:

Other than passing I can't think of one area where Dzeko is superior.

Maybe Ba is a player who has to be #1 and play all the time, which wouldn't work here. But objectively Ba has better weapons than Dzeko. His mobility and touch in particular are worlds better than Dzeko. This one of the reasons Dzeko goes through form dips and is not first choice in big matches: his touch is poor whether he's on form or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.