Dementia

wankers.

They refused my Aunt attendance allowance until I went beserk and said you'd better send someone to actually see her for yourselves.

They did..........then she got it. Don't think you can claim other benefits over pension age?

She got fuck all else and had financial assessments to charge for any care.
If someone living alone has severe dementia then they can claim 100% council tax disregard for severe mental disablement..

Looks like we've won our appeal after submitting more evidence. Absolutely made up for my sister. One thing less to worry about and stress over
Splendid news, I won’t go down the road of …..well you know what I‘m trying to say. I hope the payments and backdated pay is sorted asap. I wish your sister all the best.

Splendid news, I won’t go down the road of …..well you know what I‘m trying to say. I hope the payments and backdated pay is sorted asap. I wish your sister all the best.
Cheers mate, payments backdated mate. Wife of a friend saw my sister in town centre with wad of cash in her hand. Didn't make herself known but followed her home to make sure she was ok. Then told my brother who rang me yesterday.

Seemingly sister thought if benefits office saw her account had money in it they'd stop her benefits so she's been lifting it. That day she didn't have enough room in her purse to put the cash so was carrying it. Her and brother went into speak to manager yesterday and they explained situation. He say's bank were great, any big withdrawals or recurring withdrawals (eg big amounts over short period of time) not giving her it without contacting brother first. Also got sister contactless card so doesn't need to carry loads of cash

What a horrible illness, my father passed away Saturday from this. Watching a very clever man wilt and wither before your very eyes is so difficult.
My mum and ex district nurse was beside herself when he had to go into a care home for the last two years but went every day to see him and tend to him.

What a horrible illness, my father passed away Saturday from this. Watching a very clever man wilt and wither before your very eyes is so difficult.
My mum and ex district nurse was beside herself when he had to go into a care home for the last two years but went every day to see him and tend to him.
My condolences to your dear Mum and your family.

So sad and genuinely sorry for your loss, this condition is a bastard and we as a society need to beat it.

So sorry for your loss mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.