Dementia

100 miles walking olin May for Parkinson's completed, donation made. My other half to complete her's today and then will add up total. It's in aid of her mother who's in care home with Parkinson's dementia

On a side re her mother. We thought social services were paying the care home fees as has nothing since January, no bills or invoices. They rang and emailed my other half yesterday we owe them roughly £10k for 6 months and sent list of care homes the mother can move to. Deadline of Monday.

Told her to tell them that's not feasible as need to have family discussion then visit the care homes to find suitable one

On a side re her mother. We thought social services were paying the care home fees as has nothing since January, no bills or invoices. They rang and emailed my other half yesterday we owe them roughly £10k for 6 months and sent list of care homes the mother can move to. Deadline of Monday.

Told her to tell them that's not feasible as need to have family discussion then visit the care homes to find suitable one
We've had a similar situation, but for care workers to visit rather than care homes. Nothing for weeks, then a huge bill. It's impacted us hugely.

Financially of course, but probably worse is the mental impact, the guilt and stress my wife in particular is feeling, I'm watching it consume her little by little every day. Handling the carers, rushing round when something doesn't seem right, trying to still be a full time worker, mum and wife. Even though it is her mum who has the dementia it's still hugely impactful for everyone else.

Hope you get sorted. I don't think it's possible to truly understand the impact of this illness until you're in the middle of it.

Reactions: ob
We've had a similar situation, but for care workers to visit rather than care homes. Nothing for weeks, then a huge bill. It's impacted us hugely.

Financially of course, but probably worse is the mental impact, the guilt and stress my wife in particular is feeling, I'm watching it consume her little by little every day. Handling the carers, rushing round when something doesn't seem right, trying to still be a full time worker, mum and wife. Even though it is her mum who has the dementia it's still hugely impactful for everyone else.

Hope you get sorted. I don't think it's possible to truly understand the impact of this illness until you're in the middle of it.
Thanks mate we've been through mill in last year n bit. But always something just stopping us. We'd week in lakes last week with very little phone signal, I'd sorted out my sister's benefits issues, we'd sorted out her father's catheter issues. Thinking things starting to look ok n this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.