Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
kun said:
Marvin said:
160k pw? I don't know how much hebwas on, but pretty sure it would half that
He was definitely on over 100k
Don't think so. £90k max

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/picturegalleries/5984133/Top-10-Premier-League-wage-earners-in-pictures.html?image=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/pictur ... ml?image=3</a>

£120k according to the times, seems about right for that period in our build up. There seems to be a lot of people who dont want to believe the amounts we paid, yeah there was a lot of press inflation but a lot of the players we got in at the start were on a lot. not the 200/250k mark a lot of press report but 120/130 seems likely.

deano ou812 said:
So apparently they want between 6-9 mill euro for a 32yr old,and we released a cb who if im right was also 32,something doesn't make sense here...

Spending 25 mil pound on Garcia, Sinclair and Maicon doesn't make sense either.

Kolo would have been on a bigger wage than the likes of Lescott, Barry and Milner. In fact I would say he was on more than Bridge and Santa Cruz when considering where we was when we bought him and where he was. I reckon he would have been earning around £100-120k a week.

Seeming to be the most likely now however wouldnt want to pay more than 2 mill for him, hes 32 and just went on a free to atleti to sit on their bench. I don't know if hes any good anymore however the fact Pelle has worked with him means he probably trusts him.

celticfc482 said:
Seeming to be the most likely now however wouldnt want to pay more than 2 mill for him, hes 32 and just went on a free to atleti to sit on their bench. I don't know if hes any good anymore however the fact Pelle has worked with him means he probably trusts him.
He was in last seasons La Liga team of the year according to LC so he's not too shabby. OK he wont be as good as VK or Pepe but MP rates him enough to approach him. If we can persuade AM to be reasonable regarding the fee everybody could be a winner.

from jamie jackson via the guardian:

Manchester City may have to pay asking price for Martín Demichelis

by Jamie Jackson

Manchester City have been told they must pay €5m (£4.26m) for Martín Demichelis, as Manuel Pellegrini focuses on the Atlético Madrid central defender now that the pursuit of Pepe has ended because Real Madrid are not willing to sell the Portuguese.

Yet with Atlético placing that price on Demichelis despite him being 32 and having signed just a one-year deal when arriving as a free agent from Málaga earlier this summer, City are keen to pay less. It is thought their valuation is closer to €3m, though the club may find their bargaining position compromised. Vincent Kompany is set to be out for a month because of a groin injury, which would mean missing three league matches; on Thursday the City captain will discover the results of a scan .

With Micah Richards being out for around a month because of a hamstring problem and Matija Nastasic only returning to full training on Wednesday morning following an ankle problem, Pellegrini has Joleon Lescott as his one match-fit senior central defender.

While Demichelis worked under Pellegrini for two seasons at Málaga, if the manager decides not to risk Nastasic for Sunday's trip to Cardiff City he could choose to press either Gareth Barry or Javi García into emergency service alongside Lescott.

Yaya Touré, who scored in City's emphatic 4-0 win against Newcastle United on Monday evening at the Etihad Stadium, believes the side can continue to improve under Pellegrini. "This year we want to do the job," the Ivorian said. "We want to work hard, keep it going, make it as difficult as possible for our opponents and try to be better and stronger. It's important for me and the club. I know how much everyone desires success and that our fans only want to see one Manchester club profit this season."

Touré scored from a set piece at Newcastle and said: "I have been practising my free-kicks for four years now. But I think I got lucky on this occasion. The shot was perfect, so I am very happy. I hope I can continue to score important goals for the team and I think this year is going to be a good one for us."

Gaël Clichy hopes that City can prove as impressive when performing away from the Etihad. "We did work hard during the whole pre-season and that is what the manager wants from us," said the left‑back.

"Away from home it will be more difficult but it is a good way of starting the season. We are going to play like this from today to the last game."

Of Fernandinho, City's £27m summer signing, who made an impressive league debut alongside Touré in central midfield, Clichy added: "He is a Brazilian but he has been in Europe for eight years. He played at Shakhtar [Donetsk] which is a great team that plays good football."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/manchester-city-martin-demichelis-atletico-madrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ico-madrid</a>

Christian_ESEM: According to Malaga based journalist @fjbautista, Martin Demichelis could joiin Manchester City from Atletico Madrid as early as tomorrow.

Don't know how reliable, hes on the bench tonight though.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Most accounts seem to think Kolo was on 120k per week
OK. Not worth arguing about considering he's gone now. If the consensus is he was paid over £100k pw then I'll accept that<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
cmdub said:
from jamie jackson via the guardian:

Manchester City may have to pay asking price for Martín Demichelis

by Jamie Jackson

Manchester City have been told they must pay €5m (£4.26m) for Martín Demichelis, as Manuel Pellegrini focuses on the Atlético Madrid central defender now that the pursuit of Pepe has ended because Real Madrid are not willing to sell the Portuguese.

Yet with Atlético placing that price on Demichelis despite him being 32 and having signed just a one-year deal when arriving as a free agent from Málaga earlier this summer, City are keen to pay less. It is thought their valuation is closer to €3m, though the club may find their bargaining position compromised. Vincent Kompany is set to be out for a month because of a groin injury, which would mean missing three league matches; on Thursday the City captain will discover the results of a scan .

With Micah Richards being out for around a month because of a hamstring problem and Matija Nastasic only returning to full training on Wednesday morning following an ankle problem, Pellegrini has Joleon Lescott as his one match-fit senior central defender.

While Demichelis worked under Pellegrini for two seasons at Málaga, if the manager decides not to risk Nastasic for Sunday's trip to Cardiff City he could choose to press either Gareth Barry or Javi García into emergency service alongside Lescott.

Yaya Touré, who scored in City's emphatic 4-0 win against Newcastle United on Monday evening at the Etihad Stadium, believes the side can continue to improve under Pellegrini. "This year we want to do the job," the Ivorian said. "We want to work hard, keep it going, make it as difficult as possible for our opponents and try to be better and stronger. It's important for me and the club. I know how much everyone desires success and that our fans only want to see one Manchester club profit this season."

Touré scored from a set piece at Newcastle and said: "I have been practising my free-kicks for four years now. But I think I got lucky on this occasion. The shot was perfect, so I am very happy. I hope I can continue to score important goals for the team and I think this year is going to be a good one for us."

Gaël Clichy hopes that City can prove as impressive when performing away from the Etihad. "We did work hard during the whole pre-season and that is what the manager wants from us," said the left‑back.

"Away from home it will be more difficult but it is a good way of starting the season. We are going to play like this from today to the last game."

Of Fernandinho, City's £27m summer signing, who made an impressive league debut alongside Touré in central midfield, Clichy added: "He is a Brazilian but he has been in Europe for eight years. He played at Shakhtar [Donetsk] which is a great team that plays good football."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/manchester-city-martin-demichelis-atletico-madrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ico-madrid</a>
I wouldn't argue about that fee. It's a good fee for a player of his pedigree and it's an insurance policy

That article from Jamie Jackson is a bit dramatic. Nasty is back in training and played most of pre-season so it's a stretch to say he's not match-fit, and if Kompany has is yet to have the scan results, how can you definitely rule him out for a set period? You can suspect he's torn his groin muscle, but we wot know the severity and therefore recovery time until the scan has been reviewed

not thrilled about it because of his lack of pace but ill trust that txiki and pellegrini know what they're doing having nailed all of our other signings and outgoings thus far..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.