Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it incredibly wishful thinking that Demichelis isn't our only centre half target?

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Why would we have kept kolo when he wanted to leave, was on ridiculous wages and is an inferior player to Demichelis.
Also, Liverpool won't sign Sakho and Spurs have released Gallas.

We have Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Boyata (Richards, Rodwell and Garcia can also play there). Add Demichelis and we have better options than Liverpool or Spurs.
So we have 3 decent centre backs, less than the others. Have you watched Demichelis recently? Rather have Kolo and the extra wages probably worth it!

Hopefully we've signed Alderweireld and loaned him out, there's a talent.
Yes, he was in la liga's team of the season last season. Demichelis is rumored to be on £18k a week compared to kolo's £120k.

I agree on Alderweireld, although I highly doubt that has happened.

We have 3 decent centre backs? If that's the case the Liverpool only have one (Skrtel is poor)
Agger, Ilori, Kolo and soon Sakho.

Demichelis is not as great as he used to be. He'll do while Alderweireld develops.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
So we have 3 decent centre backs, less than the others. Have you watched Demichelis recently? Rather have Kolo and the extra wages probably worth it!

Hopefully we've signed Alderweireld and loaned him out, there's a talent.
Yes, he was in la liga's team of the season last season. Demichelis is rumored to be on £18k a week compared to kolo's £120k.

We have 3 decent centre backs? If that's the case the Liverpool only have one (Skrtel is poor)

Demichelis is not as great as he used to be. He'll do while Alderweireld develops.
According to you Demichelis isn't decent.

Demichelis is as good if not better than Ilori (at the moment) and Kolo. If they do get Sakho then well do e to them, great player. Although they will have the "two left footer problem" as their best defenders would be Sakho and agger.

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:

Demichelis is as good if not better than Ilori and Kolo. If they do get Sakho then well do e to them, great player. Although they will have the "two left footer problem" as their best defenders would be Sakho and agger.
Of course Demichelis is decent, I was referring to those on our books already.

Could be a masterstroke from Pellegrini if we've bought Alderweireld for €7m and have managed to get him European experience and la liga games, as well as a 'decent' cover meanwhile.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Demichelis is as good if not better than Ilori and Kolo. If they do get Sakho then well do e to them, great player. Although they will have the "two left footer problem" as their best defenders would be Sakho and agger.

Could be a masterstroke from Pellegrini if we've bought Alderweireld for €7m and have managed to get him European experience and la liga games, as well as a 'decent' cover meanwhile.
Oh right fair enough haha.
Well I really rate Demichelis and think (for now) he more than adequate cover. I also highly rate Alderweireld and suggested him on here last year before we signed Nasty, so I would agree that signing him would be a brilliant move, but unfortunately I can't see if.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I'm pretty sure Atletico are buying Alderweireld outright.

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:

Well I really rate Demichelis and think (for now) he more than adequate cover. I also highly rate Alderweireld and suggested him on here last year before we signed Nasty, so I would agree that signing him would be a brilliant move, but unfortunately I can't see if.
Kompany is getting too many injuries for my liking.

Alderweireld would be a great player for the future.

Problem is, not too many players are happy to be back up. Lescott, Demichelis and one good center back more is required imo, especially given Kompany's injury rate.

Dawson? Could help with the English quota too.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 am --<br /><br />
Jumanji said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
I'm pretty sure Atletico are buying Alderweireld outright.
Then it's complete madness!

Why buy 32 year old declining Demichelis for €4.4m when 24 year old hot prospect Alderweireld was available for €7m. Maybe bigger wages...

But not very holistic, is it?

Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Problem is, not too many players are happy to be back up. Lescott, Demichelis and one good center back more is required imo, especially given Kompany's injury rate.

Dawson? Could help with the English quota too.
Possibly, would prefer Kaboul but then probably so would spurs.
If we need help with our homegrown quota then why not Jagielka?

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:

Dawson? Could help with the English quota too.
Possibly, would prefer Kaboul but then probably so would spurs.
If we need help with our homegrown quota then why not Jagielka?
Probably because he'd want to start, world cup year and all that.

Dawson may be more willing to wait his turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.