Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Kompany is getting too many injuries for my liking.

Alderweireld would be a great player for the future.

Problem is, not too many players are happy to be back up. Lescott, Demichelis and one good center back more is required imo, especially given Kompany's injury rate.

Dawson? Could help with the English quota too.
Possibly, would prefer Kaboul but then probably so would spurs.
If we need help with our homegrown quota then why not Jagielka?
Probably because he'd want to start, world cup year and all that.

Dawson may be more willing to wait his turn.
Why would that be?

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Jumanji said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Could be a masterstroke from Pellegrini if we've bought Alderweireld for €7m and have managed to get him European experience and la liga games, as well as a 'decent' cover meanwhile.
I'm pretty sure Atletico are buying Alderweireld outright.
Then it's complete madness!

Why buy 32 year old declining Demichelis for €4.4m when 24 year old hot prospect Alderweireld was available for €7m. Maybe bigger wages...

But not very holistic, is it?
Because they want someone who has learnt not who is learning.

Experience was key in this decision.

We already have our young prospect in Nastasic. Alderweireld is not one that I'd consider 'hot' anyway.

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
kun said:
Possibly, would prefer Kaboul but then probably so would spurs.
If we need help with our homegrown quota then why not Jagielka?
Probably because he'd want to start, world cup year and all that.

Dawson may be more willing to wait his turn.
Why would that be?
Because I don't think he expects to start at Spurs with them having brought Chiriches in.

Hope with our new academy in the future when we need back up or a replacement we can choose one of our academy lads to do the job if not what is the point of the academy..

I can see perfect logic in bringing him in, knows MP, very experienced, and won't whinge about having to sit on the bench for large portions of time.

That said I do still think we need a top drawer central defender. IMO Lescott isn't good enough and therefore we should be looking at getting someone like this Mangala fella so that we have 3 quality with 1 experienced cover.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Nasty copes today without having Vince alongside him, see if he can step up and be the dominant leader as we know that Jolene doesn't do it.

Rammy Blue said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Nasty copes today without having Vince alongside him, see if he can step up and be the dominant leader as we know that Jolene doesn't do it.

Indeed,while he doesn't look a natural leader or appear very vocal,hopefully,at 20........ he steps up to the plate and shows one or two others exactly how its done.

I know I feel much more confident with him in the side.

Jumanji said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Jumanji said:
I'm pretty sure Atletico are buying Alderweireld outright.

Why buy 32 year old declining Demichelis for €4.4m when 24 year old hot prospect Alderweireld was available for €7m. Maybe bigger wages...

We already have our young prospect in Nastasic. Alderweireld is not one that I'd consider 'hot' anyway.
Sure he is no Vertonghen. :P Still hate seeing him in a Spud shirt. That should have been our guy. :( Oh well, I guess CHelis it is then. Sadly, I have never liked any of City's CD purchases in since the new ownership came in.

Lescott, Toure, Boateng, Savic, Nasty.... Nasty has been a pleasant surprise performance wise, but I barely knew him before we got him. The other 4 were were just underwhelming when e got them. Either overpriced or not ready yet when we got them.

And no, Kompany was bought to play DM, so we just lucked out that he turned out to be a massive gem. Oh well, I should stop whinning. Hope Nasty turns out to be a massive gem too.

daxman said:
Jumanji said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Sure he is no Vertonghen. :P Still hate seeing him in a Spud shirt. That should have been our guy. :( Oh well, I guess CHelis it is then. Sadly, I have never liked any of City's CD purchases in since the new ownership came in.

Lescott, Toure, Boateng, Savic, Nasty.... Nasty has been a pleasant surprise performance wise, but I barely knew him before we got him. The other 4 were were just underwhelming when e got them. Either overpriced or not ready yet when we got them.

And no, Kompany was bought to play DM, so we just lucked out that he turned out to be a massive gem. Oh well, I should stop whinning. Hope Nasty turns out to be a massive gem too.

No, Kompany has always been a cb. Clueless played him dm because well he's clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.