Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
A good,experienced and much needed option.

I hope he isnt the final deal though.

I was told by someone I trust quite a lot that he is the last defender we're signing. :x

We better hope Kompany's calf, groin, hamstring and everything else holds up for the rest of this season or it is a big gamble.

LoveCity said:
FantasyIreland said:

I was told by someone I trust quite a lot that he is the last defender we're signing. :x

We better hope Kompany's calf, groin, hamstring and everything else holds up for the rest of this season or it is a big gamble.
So we may yet sign another player for midfield/attack?

daxman said:
Jumanji said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Then it's complete madness!

Why buy 32 year old declining Demichelis for €4.4m when 24 year old hot prospect Alderweireld was available for €7m. Maybe bigger wages...

But not very holistic, is it?
Because they want someone who has learnt not who is learning.

Experience was key in this decision.

We already have our young prospect in Nastasic. Alderweireld is not one that I'd consider 'hot' anyway.
Sure he is no Vertonghen. :P Still hate seeing him in a Spud shirt. That should have been our guy. :( Oh well, I guess CHelis it is then. Sadly, I have never liked any of City's CD purchases in since the new ownership came in.

Lescott, Toure, Boateng, Savic, Nasty.... Nasty has been a pleasant surprise performance wise, but I barely knew him before we got him. The other 4 were were just underwhelming when e got them. Either overpriced or not ready yet when we got them.

And no, Kompany was bought to play DM, so we just lucked out that he turned out to be a massive gem. Oh well, I should stop whinning. Hope Nasty turns out to be a massive gem too.

So you think Vertonghen is better than Nastasic ?

Nastasic cost City 19 mil ( 12 + Savic)
Vertonghen cost Spurs 7 mil

LoveCity said:
FantasyIreland said:

Cheers LC,that still leaves open moves for midfielders then.....?

Was there any substance to us purchasing Toby for Athletico?

LoveCity said:
FantasyIreland said:

Then the board will have fucked up!

Firasdo said:
daxman said:
Jumanji said:
Because they want someone who has learnt not who is learning.

Experience was key in this decision.

We already have our young prospect in Nastasic. Alderweireld is not one that I'd consider 'hot' anyway.
Sure he is no Vertonghen. :P Still hate seeing him in a Spud shirt. That should have been our guy. :( Oh well, I guess CHelis it is then. Sadly, I have never liked any of City's CD purchases in since the new ownership came in.

Lescott, Toure, Boateng, Savic, Nasty.... Nasty has been a pleasant surprise performance wise, but I barely knew him before we got him. The other 4 were were just underwhelming when e got them. Either overpriced or not ready yet when we got them.

And no, Kompany was bought to play DM, so we just lucked out that he turned out to be a massive gem. Oh well, I should stop whinning. Hope Nasty turns out to be a massive gem too.

So you think Vertonghen is better than Nastasic ?

Nastasic cost City 19 mil ( 12 + Savic)
Vertonghen cost Spurs 7 mil
Vertonghen cost Spurs £11m

And Savic was not sold to the worth of £7m

NoahCity said:
LoveCity said:
FantasyIreland said:

So we may yet sign another player for midfield/attack?

No idea on that, all he said is Demichelis the last defender and our only active deal (probably not including kids like that Abner lad), and that we were never really in for Mangala as we only want a 'squad' defender. I guess anything could happen on deadline day but we seem to be trying to avoid the rushed deals.

Martín Demichelis will tonight fly to Manchester and undergo a medical tomorrow ahead of signing a 2-year deal on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.