Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Generally agree with this but would add that Southgate has meekly allowed Bellingham to take over the national team in a way similar to Messi, but with far, far less talent and ability to mitigate the downsides of such control.

Southgate is too frightened of the backlash of forcing Bellingham to play the role he actually excels in, dropping his best mate for an actual midfielder, and allowing his main rival for England’s golden boy status to play in his best position.

Bellingham has sucked the air out of the room and as long as he imposes this position of being more important than the team, England are not going to win anything.

He's put too much on Bellingham's shoulders. He's a young lad with a lot of talent but he's not proven himself on the world stage and it's silly to pin all of your hopes and a system on someone so raw in their career. I don't agree with your general perception and hatred of Bellingham but we've been there before so will leave it there. If Southgate had given Bellingham carte blanche to build his own team, there's no way Kane would be in the 11 because he's spent a fair bit of time whingeing at Kane for not backing him up in the press.

Amazed Arteta hasn’t fixed this with him yet. That and hiding behind players.

It's not just a poor player or a poor manager in terms of tactics.

It's English footballers in general imo. They don't try hard enough. They pretend for a bit but they don't really try properly. IMO it's because they are spoilt and have been since they were very young. Much more than any other nation. It's like trying to get today's teenagers to stop being "entitled".

People could say that the manager should be more attack minded but I think he knows that if he does the players will be lazy and let him down.

Not an easy fix. A better manager will help for sure but even then it's a hard slog to simply have the players try harder than the opposition will.

He's put too much on Bellingham's shoulders. He's a young lad with a lot of talent but he's not proven himself on the world stage and it's silly to pin all of your hopes and a system on someone so raw in their career. I don't agree with your general perception and hatred of Bellingham but we've been there before so will leave it there. If Southgate had given Bellingham carte blanche to build his own team, there's no way Kane would be in the 11 because he's spent a fair bit of time whingeing at Kane for not backing him up in the press.
I don’t hate Bellingham—there are perhaps five people on earth I hate and they are all truly horrible people.

But I do not like his current self, that I will freely admit. And i disagree with your seeming stance that Bellingham does not have outsized influence on the team.

It's English footballers in general imo. They don't try hard enough. They pretend for a bit but they don't really try properly. IMO it's because they are spoilt and have been since they were very young. Much more than any other nation. It's like trying to get today's teenagers to stop being "entitled".

People could say that the manager should be more attack minded but I think he knows that if he does the players will be lazy and let him down.

Not an easy fix. A better manager will help for sure but even then it's a hard slog to simply have the players try harder than the opposition will.

Amazing how such a lazy, rubbish, overated, shit bunch of players we have ever make it to QF/Semi/Final stage in recent years - must be some great management to get these useless lot so far in tournaments.

Amazing how such a lazy, rubbish, overated, shit bunch of players we have ever make it to QF/Semi/Final stage in recent years - must be some great management to get these useless lot so far in tournaments.
There he is!

Who is going to start against Slovenia, Gareth? ;-)

That's basically what it comes down to

I don't see the point in having a team full of good players if you are going to get a 4th division level manager to manage them.

There's a reason clubs like City and Real Madrid employ managers like Pep and Ancelotti, otherwise they would just save themselves a lot of money if you just needed the players and any old manager.

I don't think the England squad is quite as good as people make out but it's certainly still pretty strong but they have a manager who's levels below the standard of player.

Would it be unfair to say he had the worst CV of any manager that got the England national job?

There he is!

Who is going to start against Slovenia, Gareth? ;-)

Kalvin + 10 others

Hahaha, I love this stuff between @BlueHammer85 and the rest of you! (The truth lies somewhere between all of you and him: i.e. me…)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.