Denmark v England - Thu 20th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing how such a lazy, rubbish, overated, shit bunch of players we have ever make it to QF/Semi/Final stage in recent years - must be some great management to get these useless lot so far in tournaments.
a80292e51ef13f2a9c0b8049e6fc4c5b.gif

Rodri can play the defensive midfield position on his own, Rice can't, he needs someone to hold his hand coz he hasn't got the capability to go it alone, he's missing Kalvin Phillips ffs who incidentily is a player Pep wanted and that turned out well.
He’s not a defensive midfielder for me. He plays next to Rodri and gets forward when he can.

Adam Wharton is a much better defensive player

You can see it coming after this shit show yesterday, Foden will be the scapegoat for Palmer to come in.
I still don't understand why Southgate needs 6 defending players, The back 4 and Rice and TTA, Also we sit so deep when defending and don't have an out ball, So there is no need for TTA passing.

When you watch the better teams in this Euro's they all have a setup and everybody knows the system, The 2 games England have played I don't think any League 1 teams manager would setup up like Southgate did,

When you have 4 or 5 world-class forward players the manager's job should be a piece of cake, just get the ball back quickly and play a high press, You have Walker's recovery pace at the back and Stones that is so good on the ball.

Play 4.1.4.1

Pickford

Walker
Trippier
Stones
Guehi

Rice

Saka Bellingham Foden Bowen

Kane

Tbh looking at Southgate, he probably thinks this himself, let alone the players.

He's a weasel of a bloke, who looks like his penalty miss nearly 30 years ago has completely floored him, and he carries the anguish day in and day out.

That comment about Phillips is a disgrace, on what planet does missing a fella who hasn't kicked a ball for two seasons got to do with anything?

He's made this very good bunch of players feel as though they're inferior, and that's come from him.

He's a little shithouse of a fella, and doesn't have the mental strength to manage a group of players who aren't looking for coaching, just a bit of motivation and inspiration.

When a like isnt enough, bravo sir.

Also, I brought it up at the time but the Lineker interview with Kasper Schmeichel was one of the best I have listened to. Lots of talk about his time at City and Mahrez if you’re only interested in City. But then a lot of other emotional bits - about the helicopter crash at Leicester and Eriksen at the Euros.

That said, he talks about what it means to play for Denmark and I thought I’d post it here given the result:

“There is nothing, that's for me pure football because that's about your country. That's not about career furtherment or money or anything like that. That's simply about being the best in your country.

And I think it's difficult to understand or to explain to someone who's not Danish what it means. And I think every country will have something similar, but I do feel having played in different countries, I've never come across players that love being away with their country as much as we do. A lot of times what I hear are like friendly games are meaningless and it's a long time away from family and all that.

And it is, but nothing is meaningless when it comes to this squad. I've never seen anyone have to leave the squad with an injury or anything like that. Everyone wants to stay, even if you're injured, no one's trying to go back home.

Everyone's trying to cling on[…]”

From The Rest Is Football: Kasper Schmeichel: Miracles, Tragedy & Desire, May 23, 2024

Not random at all, my uncle was a Man City fanatic and I grew up through all the shit times for City and was delighted how things turned out. Because of that, City have been my favourite English team. I don’t know if that qualifies me, but it fucking should. As for stirring shit? What you on about? Show me an example of that.
A small add on. The only reason I came on this forum was before we played you in the CL. I have never done that with any team, it was solely because it was City and my uncles influence.

Came on, got Clarkied to fuck by a shower of cheeky funny cunts. Brutal it was. I remember thinking, these are my kind of people, and here we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.