Dennis Tueart - 50 Years A Blue

I know you won’t want to hear this, but that 1973 Cup final is probably my favourite non-City game. Second division Sunderland up against Revie's dirty Leeds at the height of their power.

I still clearly remember Ian Porterfield scoring, me jumping up, and shouting, "Yes!" and my Mum cautioning me that "There’s still a long way to go".

A brilliant day.
Loved that final !! Bob running on the pitch at the end !!

I know you won’t want to hear this, but that 1973 Cup final is probably my favourite non-City game. Second division Sunderland up against Revie's dirty Leeds at the height of their power.

I still clearly remember Ian Porterfield scoring, me jumping up, and shouting, "Yes!" and my Mum cautioning me that "There’s still a long way to go".

A brilliant day.
Including a superb double save from Montgomery.

Indeed they were. And then we added Big Joe to the mix. Loved that whole period. What a side they were.
They were excellent and very entertaining. They should have won more. Maybe they would have done if Skip had been left in charge.
It took us over 40 years but we got our revenge on the dippers pipping us by a point to the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.