Depressing Forum

I go to watch the game aswell and have done for five seasons now, three as a season ticket holder and to be fair there has been quite a degree of entertainment through the amount of goals we have scored but the end product of a top six finish which was the origional target set has not been achieved and we could in theory finish five places away from this. For the amount of money that Mark Hughes has been backed with we should expect better than where we will finish in reality.

Fulham haven't spent close to £100,000,000 for seasons on end and yet they're finishing quite comfortably ahead of us and qualifying for Europe as a result. West Ham have an inferior squad to our own and yet they are higher than us aswell. It's a joke.

Blumers Bloomers said:
What people need to switch on to is the fact that this is the place fans like to have a good whinge, moan and generally get things off their chest. I'd much rather everyone do it on here and we've got a negative forum than go to the game and have fans booing the team/manager

Fair point BB

ctid, i see your point mate, thing is I just dont feel the need to disect every game and every players performance or the tacticts on display, I love city win or lose and just enjoy the entertainment it provides

The trouble is being a long term blue I just expect things to go wrong, in the back of my mind I half expect the mega rich owners to pull out of the club at any time, Hence the worry that hughes will spend 100+ million in the summer & this time next year we will be in the same position or worst than we are now & if the owners did pull out we would have missed our only chance to compete at the top table due to hughes not being a good enough manager, all of which is not helped by him being a ex rag (i know it shouldnt matter but it does).
I think if we did win something next year & the owners gave hughes there full backing & convinced me they were here for the long term I might start beleving (but after so many years of disapointments maybe thats never going to happen?)

JULES said:
ctid, i see your point mate, thing is I just dont feel the need to disect every game and every players performance or the tacticts on display, I love city win or lose and just enjoy the entertainment it provides

Funny that. I just want to hit MH with a baseball bat! :p

I'm sorry C_T_I_D, but you have unrealistic expectations. The fact that you call the West Ham squad inferior to ours is the height of arrogance.
Now i don't want to turn this in to a debate about Hughes, this is only about the club. It's about time some fans woke up and realised how lucky we were for the ADUG takeover to happen. Fans gloating over the stockport county situation, people chating 'we'll buy your club and burn it down' are arrogant bastards. Some people need to learn some humility, without it we are well on our way to becoming one of the countries most hated club, something i am way more concerned about than whether 'benjani ever pulls on the city top again'.

Blumers bloomers, you do make a fair point. I can only generalise based on my own experience, but the people i sit near in the stadium do boo our own players, and do shout 'Hughes out!'.

Chis Kamara said:
This forum is one of the most depressing boards i've ever visited. Full of reactionary non-sense. Everything is so negative all the time. The infighting of the hughes in and hughes out-ers, the berating of players, of Ricky Hatton and Oasis, and of each other. And yes, i realise the irony in airing my criticisms, but we're taking polls on which manager we should have next season for fuck sake - 'Ten managers we should go for who are better than Hughes'! Instead of stipulating what might happen, how about we show some gratitude for what we've got. Remember the season under Pearce when we didn't see a goal at home from new year onwards? I think this take over has gone to people's heads. How about a little patience - It has been one season. I find it so infuriating that players like Richard Dunne are getting slated. I understand we must look to the future but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. Where would we be without him?
One thing this season has taught me, however, is that us city fans are certainly not the best fans in the world. Some of us are thick as pig shit. Next season how about we act humble, grateful, and get behind the team that we have playing for us?
Also, why don't we drop the general hostility present on this board. Those kids that signed up and got verbally abused - there was no need. It seems like 50% of replies on here either consist of 'RAG', 'Tin hat', 'Is Jo cup tied?', etc. Show some true wit if you want to be funny. And yes, i fully expect the aforementioned replies in this thread (just go ahead and prove my point). Get off each others backs and get behind the team.
People high up at City come on here,can you imagine what they think of some of the stuff posted by the Hughes outers.
The funny thing is the worst of them seem to have formed a cult,very strange.

Chis Kamara said:
This forum is one of the most depressing boards i've ever visited. Full of reactionary non-sense. Everything is so negative all the time. The infighting of the hughes in and hughes out-ers, the berating of players, of Ricky Hatton and Oasis, and of each other. And yes, i realise the irony in airing my criticisms, but we're taking polls on which manager we should have next season for fuck sake - 'Ten managers we should go for who are better than Hughes'! Instead of stipulating what might happen, how about we show some gratitude for what we've got. Remember the season under Pearce when we didn't see a goal at home from new year onwards? I think this take over has gone to people's heads. How about a little patience - It has been one season. I find it so infuriating that players like Richard Dunne are getting slated. I understand we must look to the future but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. Where would we be without him?
One thing this season has taught me, however, is that us city fans are certainly not the best fans in the world. Some of us are thick as pig shit. Next season how about we act humble, grateful, and get behind the team that we have playing for us?
Also, why don't we drop the general hostility present on this board. Those kids that signed up and got verbally abused - there was no need. It seems like 50% of replies on here either consist of 'RAG', 'Tin hat', 'Is Jo cup tied?', etc. Show some true wit if you want to be funny. And yes, i fully expect the aforementioned replies in this thread (just go ahead and prove my point). Get off each others backs and get behind the team.
I think you miss the point imo
passion causes strong extreme views and with the amount of posters on here there is enough poeple to have these oppinions on all matters and if i'm honest I don't think everything at the club is rosy but even thogh I don't agree with a lot of things posted on here I would not dream of telling anyone to stop posting their views however extreme I feel they are ! and if you generally feel this board is so depressing well you are not forced to read it or post . I happen to think all the diversity on this board including the downright idiotic posts and posters make it the best forum around and just because someone really hates a player or even the manager it does not make them any worse a blue than one who states we should back the manager !

Chis Kamara said:
I'm sorry C_T_I_D, but you have unrealistic expectations. The fact that you call the West Ham squad inferior to ours is the height of arrogance.

It's also the truth - if you don't believe me, look at both our squads and tell me why ours is inferior to theirs! It's got to be one or the other mate. Unrealistic expectations? I'm sorry but it seems on here that if you're negative you're being depressing but if you are being ambitious and looking to the future with our new found wealth then your expectations are unrealistic. Nothing is unrealistic with these guys - we went for Kaká for fucks sake, we sat down with teams like Barcelona (Spanish Champions and CL Finalists) and was taken seriously, we sat down with AC Milan yet again and built bridges back up again. You can't fucking win either way can you? If we want to be successful then we need to have a winning mentality as fans and that's what holds us back and that's why the rags are successful.

Now i don't want to turn this in to a debate about Hughes, this is only about the club. It's about time some fans woke up and realised how lucky we were for the ADUG takeover to happen.

Course we're lucky, I acknowledge that mate but at the end of the day now it has happened we should utilise our new found wealth to it's maximum potential and build a squad capable of dominating Europe long-term but the domestic front needs sorting in the short-term. We have a unique opportunity to play fantasy football with the right people in charge!

Fans gloating over the stockport county situation,

Didn't do that.

people chating 'we'll buy your club and burn it down' are arrogant bastards.

Or that.

Some people need to learn some humility, without it we are well on our way to becoming one of the countries most hated club, something i am way more concerned about that whether 'benjani ever pulls on the city top again'.

I hope we are hated because that will mean we're signing the best players and being successful. I hope every last one of the premierships elite are sick to their stomach of us because we'll march right in and mix up the top four and that's got to be our aim long-term. I am not saying it should happen right away but that has to be our ambition long term.

whp.blue said:
I think you miss the point imo
passion causes strong extreme views and with the amount of posters on here there is enough poeple to have these oppinions on all matters and if i'm honest I don't think everything at the club is rosy but even thogh I don't agree with a lot of things posted on here I would not dream of telling anyone to stop posting their views however extreme I feel they are !

I understand that people have the right to express their views, and that this is the best place to do that. However, it goes beyond airing discontent and is becoming damaging to the situation. Some of the stuff on here is turning vindictive. OK i know it's a bit of a joke, but threads like 'Songs on Hughes' IPOD' aren't even funny. Let's face it, because of Hughes past, some fans have never taken to him. Back before christmas we had people calling for his job. Hughes himself came out the other day and said the constant speculation has certainly made the job more difficult, and that he just wants to get on and manage city. The doomsayers on here, that seem to be wishing us to fail, are well on their way to creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. You'd of thought the media wishing us to fail was enough, without the split in the fans.
Now, this isn't a pro-hughes post per se. Maybe he isn't the man for the job? So we get a manager next year, and he loses a few games. We gonna try force him out too? I urge for unity of the fans and a bit of patience, let's drop the general hostility on this board towards each other, and get behind the players and people that are at MCFC now and not those that might be in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.