Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

But it hasn't even been a free kick on some occasions recently when teams have done it to us.

If goalkeepers get the ball, they get away with it. He got the ball.
The reality is that the ref bottles it because apparently it is natural for a keeper to slider in like that. And the impact on the game is huge.

The reality is that the ref bottles it because apparently it is natural for a keeper to slider in like that. And the impact on the game is huge.

Absolutely. They allow keepers to do stuff like that & also to punch people in the face when they go for crosses. If Bravo had missed the ball, it would be a different story but he got it. You don't see keepers carded or conceding pens, when they get the ball.

Not sure if it's blue tinted specs, but I'm not convinced that Bravo challenge on Rooney was the nailed on penalty and red card that the media would have you believe. It was a bit reckless, but it wasn't two-footed and he won the ball (just).

Unofficial rules are win the ball and do what you like. However mistime the challenge and off you go

Not true. Keepers get some protection from calls. They can punch a head all they like if it's a follow through from punching a ball. They can get their knees out and elbows bent on a jump to catch a ball, if they knee or elbow someone they get the better call.

But this is a non starter really. Bravo got the ball, one footed, studs on the ball not over. It was a 50/50. I've never seen a precedent where it's been called a penalty. It may be a foul one in five in the outfield but the precedent is exclusively on keepers. Never seen one given when the keeper got the ball cleanly.

If it was an outfield player in the middle of the pitch, it was a definite red.
So I keep hearing. I don't agree with it though. He took the ball and only one foot was used in an arched manner, not the studs up lunge that is being portrayed. Plus Rooney should have long gone by that point so fuck him and fuck his team who spent the 90 minutes shouting "handball" whenever they got a cross in.

On a side note, the groom today at my place was a red, not just a red but a policeman who works the Trafford beat. All his evening guests were glum as fuck all night and so it was only fair I cheered them all up by telling my DJ he was a big blue and wanted Bluemoon as his final song. Went down a treat..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.