Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

Not sure if it's blue tinted specs, but I'm not convinced that Bravo challenge on Rooney was the nailed on penalty and red card that the media would have you believe. It was a bit reckless, but it wasn't two-footed and he won the ball (just).
It wasn't even close. Had he played the ball with his studs, I'd consider that leading with 'studs up', but it's very difficult to make a sliding challenge without raising a foot from the floor (kind of gets in the way otherwise!). He plays the ball with a clean side foot and comes away with the ball at his feet. The write ups make it sound like Rooney got 99% of the ball and Bravo barely flicked it whilst clattering Rooney at the same time. I don't even think he makes contact with Rooney much does he?
It's the sort of challenge Zabba makes (used to make pre Pep) all the time. Plus, people would say Rooney is entitled to go for the ball because he senses a goal scoring opportunity. By the same logic, Bravo is more than entitled as he's (just about) in possession of it currently and trying to prevent a goalscoring opportunity.
I fully understand the concept of a dangerous challenge and had they been going directly at one another and Bravo had led studs up and played the ball with his studs then there's the potential for injury. But he's heading to the left touchline, Rooney is coming straight down the pitch, he slides and wins the ball cleanly with the side of his foot which means the sole of his boot is pointing in a different direction. The day they start giving fouls for clean challenges really will mean the end of tackling.

It was a brilliant tackle from Bravo, bit daft to get into that situation but he will learn. That saving tackle was immense and we would be singing the praises of Vinnie or Otamendi if they made it. Studs on ball not over clean as a whistle.

Watched the highlights as i missed the game, very impressed, great performance and a great day, a very happy blue tonight.

It wasn't uncontrolled at all. Fuck me, no wonder rags are clinging onto this nonsense when even blues are spouting it.

As soon as he left the ground he no longer had control over force, and his studs were up. Don't start with the petty shit please. This ain't primary school.

Not sure if it's blue tinted specs, but I'm not convinced that Bravo challenge on Rooney was the nailed on penalty and red card that the media would have you believe. It was a bit reckless, but it wasn't two-footed and he won the ball (just).

On NBC-SN, both Kyle Martino and Lee Dixon said no penalty - was not a studs-up challenge and he clearly won the ball. What was more irritating is there was not one replay nor mention of Bailly's blatant penalty tackle on Otamendi. And nothing in any of the media reports. Also nothing about Fellaini knocking out Kolarov's tooth.

It was an uncontrolled committed tackle with studs up.

Ask Kompany.

No. Studs on the ball, not over the ball. Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 2013 rule book there's no mention of studs up, just high tackle. If high tackle is to go by, he was an inch, two at most off the grass, and was siding the ball.

As soon as he left the ground he no longer had control over force, and his studs were up. Don't start with the petty shit please. This ain't primary school.
Haha! Petty? It's a football forum and I'm disagreeing with you and everyone else who thinks it was a nailed on penalty and red card. It wasn't, and thankfully the ref saw it that way as well. As did the linesman who was only 15 yards away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.