Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

Based on yesterday's showing, United are not certain for a Top 2 spot. They have to battle for Top 4.

I was actually saying this to some blues last night. On another day, that game ends up 6. They were lucky we let them back in, but the gulf in class was there for all to see. Perhaps we will do the same to the other top sides, but we can't be certain, it may be much tougher vs all of them. The media, especially people like Niall Quinn, have bullshitted the rags into top 4, but their performances so far have done absolutely nothing to merit it.

City have been on another planet compared to Utd, in every game since the season started. It's arguable, that Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool & Everton have also been better, in spite of what the table said.

I was actually saying this to some blues last night. On another day, that game ends up 6. They were lucky we let them back in, but the gulf in class was there for all to see. Perhaps we will do the same to the other top sides, but we can't be certain, it may be much tougher vs all of them. The media, especially people like Niall Quinn, have bullshitted the rags into top 4, but their performances so far have done absolutely nothing to merit it.

City have been on another planet compared to Utd, in every game since the season started. It's arguable, that Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool & Everton have also been better, in spite of what the table said.
Spurs and Chelsea will definitely finish above Utd. Possibly Liverpool too. Liverpool's attacking play is outstanding - give you chances though.

Important for Utd to bounce back immediately. Sometimes big defeats can make a team realise how hard they have to work, or it can put doubts in players heads.

United were an embarassment yesterday with their pre-historic long-ball football. They will get lucky on some occasions from free kicks and corners but City ran rings round them and they were flattered by the scoreline. For me, they are behind Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and possibly Everton and will not make the top four. How long before the penny drops with their deluded fans and pals in the media. One hilarious moment yesterday as I enjoyed my post--match pint outside the Quadrant watching their fans from all corners of the globe board the bus with their theatre of dreams carrier bags. Overheard one of their Irish fans say; "City are not even an English team. They didn't have single player from Manchester in the line-up." You couldn't make it up! They still don't get it do they?

I purposely avoided the majority of the media red-wash in the build up to the Derby, few of the guys at work were asking what I thought would happen, and confidently predicted 3-1 to City ( almost!)
"But how will you deal with Pogba?"
-"Fernandinho!" I replied
United are no more of a challenge than Stoke, take out the emotion of the occasion, and the game will follow the same pattern of the others, and so it did.
So, with no Aguero to excuse their sorry performance. They are left to blame the ref, a 50/50 ball, and a ball to elbow while back was turned, Pathetic! meanwhile Kolarov has his tooth knocked out, and Otomendi' had a better shout for a penalty, yet no finger wagging, or blaming Bravo from City's camp
wk4ay8.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.