Derby Post Match

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Dribble said:
Three points are three points, but this is the first time we've ever won a derby and I wasn't bouncing around like a lunatic in celebration. When the whistle went I was just sat there in silence with an empty feeling inside like many around me. If anything has shown there is something seriously wrong with us this season, today's match proved it.

We weren't playing well to start with but at least we assumed a semblance of control once they went down to ten men. After the break we started to look like our old selves and then we went a goal ahead and had ManUre on the rack. So can someone please tell me why we took Milner and Jovetic off and later Aguero?

On the plus side Fernando played well as did Jimmy, Aguero, Jovetic and Aguero. Yaya again proved today that he is no longer suited (if he ever was) to a two man midfield as he just doesn't have the energy required. An ordinary ManUre side made us look ordinary today and as it stands I only have one priority this season and that is a top 3 finish.

We've lost that fear factor and the control of matches we used to have and nthat nervousness seems to be weighing heavily on the players and now its seems to have transmitted itself to the fans. The only saving grace is that even though ee have started the season poorly imho, we're still in the top 3 and within striking distance of the Chavs.

That's drivel dibble..
Opinions are like aresholes, everyone is entitled to one including you cry baby. :-)

Before they went down to 10 men and after Milner went off, our performance was below what I've become used to over the last 3 years. Every team has a blip, but at what point does that blip start to turn into a trend? I suppose that my feelings today aren't just about today, its a genuine concern regarding our performances this season so far.

We've lost derbies where we've performed better than today imho, but after our recent malaise I was more upbeat about our performance mid-match than I have been for a while. BUT there was a crucial point in the match where we were in complete control and I could sense the confidence flowing back into the team, so why it was decided to take Jovetic and in particular Milner off is puzzling me even now as this completely changed the dynamic of the game just as I feared it would when I saw the substitution boards go up.

As someone said previously, bringing Dzeko on was akin to us evening up the numbers for all the use he was. In my opinion, what we needed was to continue as we were and start to rebuild our teams confidence and swaggering control. For me the opportunity was lost the moment we made those substitutions and was made worse when we had to take Aguero off leaving Dzeko as our only recognised striker.

So in summary, if you're happy with how things are going, bully for you. My initial post wasn't purely about today, it was more a reaction to how our season is going and my concern as to where it may end up if we don't improve soon. The first 30 minutes and last 20 did nothing to ease my growing concerns.

Re: NEW FLASH! The Premier League Have Just Awarded United..

midd table rubbish trying to find something good out off yet another lost!!!!!
oldest thing going try and take away from the short comings and highlight the good!!!
bad luck rags you got beat again! lol
these days your just 3 points to city now days lol

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but just seen footage of Fellaini spitting at Kun when he's bent over him following the non-pen.

No doubt no further action will be taken.

sir baconface said:
Not read any of the thread yet but my reactions are:

1) Poor performance against a team that was mediocre even before going down to 10 men.
2) While I don't usually criticise Pellegrini, the substitutions were crass. Why take off two of our best and hardest working players on the day - Jimmy and Kun - when the game isn't sewn up? Specially to replace them with people who are off form and/or don't give a fcuk. Take a look at yourself on this one, Mr P.
3) Should have had 3 penalties.
4) The bog brush is an enterprise-class c..t who shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch.

However it's the win that matters and we beat the red shit yet again. Yesssssssss!

You have 4000+ posts therefore you're okay, I have sub 100 therefore I must be rag, can I be you??????? Briefly, obviously, don't fancy yours much. :P

I'm a partisan Blue as the next man woman or child, but I thought the officiating this afternoon for both sides was shocking.

To kick off with, Fellaini got away with murder, kicking pretty much anything like a mule. Personally I thought Smalling's first booking was harsh, on the basis of what Fellaini was getting up to and a "totting up" procedure. I think he had a challenge for a free kick just prior to that, but whilst it was a free kick, I don't think it was a yellow. from that he was obviously sent off.

Someone needs a word with Michael Oliver, because he obviously feels he can't send more that two people off, as that would be unfair! Similarly, I'm surprised he didn't book Serge for diving, because how he refrained from giving a spot kicks on at least 3 occasions is unbelievable.

A good performance for 60-65 minutes, but the result was worth far more than just a good performance in terms of picking up morale.

sir baconface said:
4) The bog brush is an enterprise-class c..t who shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch.

However it's the win that matters and we beat the red shit yet again. Yesssssssss!
Read this ten times and still can't find fault with it. Possibly too polite.

3 points against a mid-table side job done.

Could have been a tanking with the pens (only seen them live at the mo) and our chances.

The doughnut thief was by far MOTM and due to some strange suns we could have blown it at the end.

Oliver is a real pussy after Moses dive and the media shit he got his arse had gone today. When he turned Smalling he made it 11v11. I would like to say I'm amazed at Rooney getting away with abusing Oliver all game but I'm not. Even at HT he was going for it in the tunnel.

Anyway clean sheet 3 points and onwards.

Fucking hate those raggy cunts.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Made hard work of it....
Should have been out of sight.
Delighted

You sound it lol.

Pellegrini with yet another derby win.

Got to love the man and this club.

Can't help think that MP had an eye on the next game when he made those substitutions. Let's face it, Aguero and Milner are going to start against CSK Moscow, and MP and the club has a lot riding on that result. As much as we'd like to see us putting them to the sword, I can appreciate his caution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.