Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point will be fine,come Sunday night I think we will be still top on goal difference from Arsenal with the rags still 2pts behind.

I hate the build up to the derby and am glad when it is over. We have a game midweek which I think is more of a must win, but all I can think about is the derby. Think it will be touch and go for Silva to make the game. But still think we will win 2-1

I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.

Hopefully they only start with one of Herrera/Schniderlin I'd fancy De Bruyne to run rings in behind Carrick and Shrieswstiger. Martial won't have come up against someone with the presence of Kompany/Otamendi/Mangala. And I'd fancy both Sterling and Navas to have Rojo on toast all game.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi
Sagna
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
De Bruyne
Sterling
Bony

I remember watching the derby a few years ago when Rooney shinned the winner, about 5 minutes before he scored i remember saying to a rag stood next to me that both sides would take a draw now. He basically told me to get fucked stating that this was the reason we will never win fuck all, said we just were not ruthless enough and that it is a mental problem with the whole club, Bang on queue rug head scored and the **** was giving it out. As it turned out we have proved that we can and indeed have won things since but it sticks in my mind the way he was not settling for anything less than a win. I am sure he had a point about our mentality at the time but slowly it is changing.

To be fair the last 3 years derbies must have broken the gormless twunt

Hopefully they only start with one of Herrera/Schniderlin I'd fancy De Bruyne to run rings in behind Carrick and Shrieswstiger. Martial won't have come up against someone with the presence of Kompany/Otamendi/Mangala. And I'd fancy both Sterling and Navas to have Rojo on toast all game.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi Mangala
Sagna
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
De Bruyne
Sterling
Bony
Fixed that for you. There could also be an argument for swapping Navas for Fern MkII; beef up the midfield with the Fern twins and play Wilf as a lone striker with instructions to Yaya, Kev and Raheem to get up in support when it's sensible to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.