Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.
Or take an AK47 into the Stratford end and such the fuckers up, joking by the way yanks :-)

Due to injuries and our key stone cops centre half partnerships I'd take a draw now. Although if Komps can quickly get back up to speed who knows.

I just want us to absolutely decimate them.
Is that too much to ask?
Not at all.

With rags gloating about Sergio and Dave on twatter not playing making it piss easy for them a repeat of the sick swan wouldnt go amiss.

A repeat of the sick swan with Bony, Raheem and KdB getting some goals would do me nicely, I want them to be sat in fear of ever playing us again and dreading derby day every single week of the year

Derbies give me the most wretched stress.

Same here. I'll go as far to say I don't actually enjoy the derby. :Edit: I see I am not alone in feeling like this. Aguero confirmed out for another month, bummer. I suppose if we can win a game 5-1 you stick with the two lads who scored all five Yaya, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Nasri/Navas are mre than able to hold their own against United's midfield you'd think.

Hope the defence is on top of their game. Know what them twats are like.

Fixed that for you. There could also be an argument for swapping Navas for Fern MkII; beef up the midfield with the Fern twins and play Wilf as a lone striker with instructions to Yaya, Kev and Raheem to get up in support when it's sensible to do so.
I think you might be onto something here Jim. Yaya in an advanced role combining with Bony would probably give them more nightmares than Navas.

I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.

Its the main reason why I cannot listen to City on the radio. I always imagine we are playing shit and the other team is about to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.