Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.
I am going to try that,trouble is i like the crowd noise,wish we had a no commentary option

No Sergio and no Dave is not ideal, I think a lot hinges on the two games tomoz, a positive for us and a negative long journey for them could just turn the tide on this one, either way they've got to pitch up at our gaff and hopefully we'll be fully fit and flying and in that scenario there is only one outcome. I predict this weekend a yaya masterclass and kdb to show everyone what we already know, 1-3 city, but tense.

This is where i have a slight problem with MP...a number of posters on here have already said that it will depend on how we set up tactically (especially missing silva and Kun) and rightly so...with those two missing we need to play in a different way against better teams and like it or not ute are better than they have been in recent years again....Van gaal is getting them to play the way he wants them.

Everyone knows how we will probably set up including ute and that means they will be practising on attacking our weaknesses (especially the space that is often in front of our back 4 -look at the goal that were scored for both bounrmouth and newcastle......yes managala and kolorov (in the newcaslte game) could have closed the person down shooting better but also that space in behind where either yaya or fern were suppose to be is a huge weak spot for us and has been consisntatly for the last couple of years ...if we play with a 2 man midfield that space will be constantly exploited esp if its yaya and fern and we will get overrun.

I want to see mP change the set up for this game but i really fear he won't do and ute will take advantage of that.

Ive also been hugely critical of bony but i also acknowledge that this is cause we haven't been playing to his strengths ......and this is where we can hurt ute esp if one of the centre halves is blind......they are weak in the air and that is supposedly one of bony's big strengths but Im yet to witness it because he doesn't get the service from outside ever...this si something we could look at if blind is playing at centre halve as bony will easily dominate him. - however i expect to see us play the way we always do and this doesn't help his game or attack utd's weaknesses

id settle for a point now with the injuries and the tactical rigidity of MP

I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.

This does work. I watched the Spurs game on mute due to Glenn hoddle and Michael Owen boring me. It was a lot less stressful, even though we got stuffed.

That's why I prefer to go and watch the game live rather than on TV

This is where i have a slight problem with MP...a number of posters on here have already said that it will depend on how we set up tactically (especially missing silva and Kun) and rightly so...with those two missing we need to play in a different way against better teams and like it or not ute are better than they have been in recent years again....Van gaal is getting them to play the way he wants them.

Everyone knows how we will probably set up including ute and that means they will be practising on attacking our weaknesses (especially the space that is often in front of our back 4 -look at the goal that were scored for both bounrmouth and newcastle......yes managala and kolorov (in the newcaslte game) could have closed the person down shooting better but also that space in behind where either yaya or fern were suppose to be is a huge weak spot for us and has been consisntatly for the last couple of years ...if we play with a 2 man midfield that space will be constantly exploited esp if its yaya and fern and we will get overrun.

I want to see mP change the set up for this game but i really fear he won't do and ute will take advantage of that.

Ive also been hugely critical of bony but i also acknowledge that this is cause we haven't been playing to his strengths ......and this is where we can hurt ute esp if one of the centre halves is blind......they are weak in the air and that is supposedly one of bony's big strengths but Im yet to witness it because he doesn't get the service from outside ever...this si something we could look at if blind is playing at centre halve as bony will easily dominate him. - however i expect to see us play the way we always do and this doesn't help his game or attack utd's weaknesses

id settle for a point now with the injuries and the tactical rigidity of MP
You haven't a clue have you?

No Sergio and no Dave is not ideal, I think a lot hinges on the two games tomoz, a positive for us and a negative long journey for them could just turn the tide on this one, either way they've got to pitch up at our gaff and hopefully we'll be fully fit and flying and in that scenario there is only one outcome. I predict this weekend a yaya masterclass and kdb to show everyone what we already know, 1-3 city, but tense.
Er; anyone want to tell him/her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.