Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.

If I am watching a Derby match on TV, I always turn the sound off! FULL BLAST when the Blues score! lol

Not sure he did!
Reading the post it says that, regardless of what happens on Sunday, they have to turn up at the Etihad and we will hopefully have a full squad to choose from. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?
Maybe youre right. On another less conciliatory note, I trust here will be no such logic and objectivity from you on this forum in the future.

Not sure he did!
Reading the post it says that, regardless of what happens on Sunday, they have to turn up at the Etihad and we will hopefully have a full squad to choose from. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong?
I've just read it again (a bit more carefully this time) and, to be fair, you may well be right in your interpretation. If that is the case, I apologise to the poster in question.

Maybe youre right. On another less conciliatory note, I trust here will be no such logic and objectivity from you on this forum in the future.
Please be assured that I will certainly attempt to leave any logic and objectivity in the bin, where they belong, not bringing them to the keyboard wars of the forum.

i hope that we will destroy these mothefuckers cockroaches rats...put them in their place Manuel!!!!1

I have a psychologist friend who suggested the other day to watch the game with the sound off?

Apparently, even taking away the ingredient of the commentary and crowd, removes a large set of triggers, and the stress elevated by them.

Makes sense if you think about it? A lot of the tension comes from the media build-up and hype, you are already on edge, prior, because we hate them so much.

If you simply watch the game, you don't need anything or anyone telling you what is happening before your eyes.

Try listening to the tennis on the radio, could be best game in history but it's all a bit meh, really.

Try listening to a fishing match on the radio. its even worse.

Having sat through that Kompany 1-0 I don't think any Derby match will give me that much stress again. Whilst they never looked like scoring, I thought a penalty or something was inevitable. taggert dropped a right bollock with his team selection that night.

Having Kompany back will be huge . Leadership on the field is crucial in this one . Certain players can express themselves if they know we are set up well in defensive terms . Play to our strengths and we will win . Technically they are very poor IMO and that's what we can exploit . I want to see huge tracking back from certain individuals and tighter marking . Do not concede an inch to them . We have the better footballers no doubt about it . Now go out and show it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.