Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams will score.
Just hope we score more.
We are so open. Bournemouth and Newcastle both had 4/5 chances that should never have been allowed.
We need to be so much better as a unit defensively and also stop giving the ball away so easily.
Anyone think Dave may be back? He's had a nasty knock but he's not pulled a muscle so maybe after 2 weeks rest he could be a surprise starter??

I have been told that silva 100% will not be back for the derby.

The loss of Aguero and Silva is huge, our key striker, and our most creative player, both missing. It's not just that Aguero is our best striker, it's the TYPE of striker he is, the exact type that Smalling, and particularly, Jones have nightmares about. Give them a Wilfried Bony style of player all day, but a short, stocky, tricky, quick player with excellent movement will tie them up in knots. Remove the creative hub from behind the striker too and it makes their job, defensively, a shit load easier than it should have been. One thing is almost for certain, United will score. We haven't kept a clean sheet in any of our last 7 games, and that's included games against West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Bournemouth. We need 2 as a minimum to win, and possibly 3. We are more than capable of scoring, we've scored in all 12 games this season, in all competitions, and we've scored 11 in the last 2 league games, so up front isn't our issue.

I suspect we'll bring Kompany back in, probably in place of Otamendi, but assuming Kolarov isn't going to be fit I think we'll likely go with the same lineup otherwise.

Fear the worst, hoping for the best.

The one thing in our favour will be them not getting back from Moscow until Thursday afternoon.

We are wide open on De Bruyne's side at present and would prefer to see Sterling back out wide and KDB in the No.10 role.

They are not on our level but you can only beat what is in front of you and we are two genuine world class players down and a makeshift left-back.

Personally, I would drop Bony as Herrera has plenty of movement and we will need an extra pair of legs to carry Yaya.

Turtle played Jones and Smalling at Everton and they were much more comfortable taking it in turns to mark Lukaku, who has a similar physical presence to Wilf.

United's defence struggles with pace in behind and believe Navas and Sterling can help in this regard.

We look shite at set-pieces, however, and that is the real concern in terms of conceding.

A win would would be beautiful, as always, but think we will need three goals to get anywhere near achieving one.

Turtle will play tight and counter so a draw might be more likely.

Will go 2-2 or a 3-1/2 loss.

Feel free to bookmark and gladly take the piss Sunday night.

Why should we carry yaya at all?,they targeted him last game and will again,the 2 ferns would be better imo

If Toure is fit, he will play. That's just a fact

I'm certain he'll play, it's just whether he plays as part of a midfield two or three.

Knowing Pellegrini, I assume it will be a two (the same starting XI as Saturday, but with Kompany replacing Otamendi, barring any further injuries on Wednesday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.