Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It allows Sagna to play right back. I think the pace will be a few gAmes to soon to start with Zabba.

I was happy with Sagna left and Zab right on Saturday. Don’t think Sagna did anything wrong really. He's a very good defender and I feel for an away match we don’t always need to have every offensive player on the pitch. I would leave Kola out of this one.

Fear the worst, hoping for the best.

The one thing in our favour will be them not getting back from Moscow until Thursday afternoon.

We are wide open on De Bruyne's side at present and would prefer to see Sterling back out wide and KDB in the No.10 role.

They are not on our level but you can only beat what is in front of you and we are two genuine world class players down and a makeshift left-back.

Personally, I would drop Bony as Herrera has plenty of movement and we will need an extra pair of legs to carry Yaya.

Turtle played Jones and Smalling at Everton and they were much more comfortable taking it in turns to mark Lukaku, who has a similar physical presence to Wilf.

United's defence struggles with pace in behind and believe Navas and Sterling can help in this regard.

We look shite at set-pieces, however, and that is the real concern in terms of conceding.

A win would would be beautiful, as always, but think we will need three goals to get anywhere near achieving one.

Turtle will play tight and counter so a draw might be more likely.

Will go 2-2 or a 3-1/2 loss.

Feel free to bookmark and gladly take the piss Sunday night.

I feel the same mate, we're far too open, and I can't see how we can set up that accommodates Yaya. Play him as the no10 and he doesn't get involved, play him deeper and he'll not do his defensive duties.

Think a draw would be a great result. But with our injuries I'm not sure if we'll manage it.

Why should we carry yaya at all?,they targeted him last game and will again,the 2 ferns would be better imo

You won't get any argument from me, was just factoring Pellegrini not pulling any other surprises out of the hat.

I would have Yaya on the bench from the off and wish Delph was fit so we could partner him up with the two Ferns.

Even Bournemouth were running off the back of Yaya at the weekend.

In addition, the recent Spurs debacle reminded me so much of the United defeat last season?

Yaya was awful at White Hart Lane, gifted possession away so many times even when we were on top in the first half.

We go into this United game in a similar position to the last one, them having incentive to move above us.

This isn't about United being world beaters, it's about them having more stability at this time.

If Manuel turns up with his usual we'll score more than you, we could be in for a rude awakening.

It's rughead's 30th this weekend and they are writing the headlines as we speak.

We don't need to hand this United team any more conviction or momentum at this time.

Can't believe so many are worried about United, we'de have to play shit to lose to them.

After beating Sevilla and the Filth, how many of you lot will be fretting about Crystal Palace?

The OP, Mr Johnsonontheleft, "hopes" KDB "steps up"...

As far as I am concerned, he has already "stepped up"...

JJ

Last edited:
Gotta love those quotes from Turtle.

"We have to be more consistent, so next week when we win against City we can say 'okay, now we can think about title aspirations'"

Team talk done right there, Manuel.

When you're giddy tolm we tend to do badly so I'm taking your caution as a good sign.

Gotta love those quotes from Turtle.

"We have to be more consistent, so next week when we win against City we can say 'okay, now we can think about title aspirations'"

Team talk done right there, Manuel.

He said something similar before they played Arsenal, ie when not if they would win. Like most rags these days, they get a half decent result and they get a bit giddy.

After beating Sevilla and the Filth, how many of you lot will be fretting about Crystal Palace?

The OP, Mr Johnsonontheleft, "hopes" KDB "steps up"...

As far as I am concerned, he has already "stepped up"...

JJ
yep.
its not KDB that needs to step up..... its the rest of our midfield who allowed bournemouth to carry the ball in a measured fashion from their back four, through our midfield ,and build attacks almost at will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.