Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "knot in the stomach" feeling is just kicking in this morning. I've been fairly fine and calm up to now, but the nerves are starting to fray a bit.

Hart
Sagna
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
De Bruyne
Sterling

That would be my starting team
Yes I agree with this - though Kolarov still worries me. Would much rather have Yaya dictating things at the other end of the pitch. All we have to do then is mark players in & around the box rather than stand aimlessly somewhere in the area looking at the ball. Never seen space score a goal yet

we must not concede the 1st goal , because they will have their tails up , we need to be defensively more solid today , would play zabs and sagna as full backs and bring vinny back , (and intruct navas and sterling to work back and cover their full backs) ,mangala and kolarov are prone to defensive lapses , if we sort our defence out , which to be honest despite 3 good victories has been exposed in those games , we will win this game .If MP goes with mangala and kolarov i can see it being a high scoring game , 4-3 to the blues then :)

Apart from that being too much change at the back, Sagna is playing a lot better than Zab and is better in the air than him. With Vinnie being rusty, I see Pellers keeping Ota and Eli playing together.

Yes I agree with this - though Kolarov still worries me. Would much rather have Yaya dictating things at the other end of the pitch. All we have to do then is mark players in & around the box rather than stand aimlessly somewhere in the area looking at the ball. Never seen space score a goal yet

Sagna was poor the other night though and hopefully today we can see aleks pushing darmian back and adding to our attack with his delivery. Yaya needs to go up a gear but he is due a big game and we need him big time today to have one. Raheem needs to step up as well and I have a feeling de Bruyne will be immense today! COME ON CITY!

Apart from that being too much change at the back, Sagna is playing a lot better than Zab and is better in the air than him. With Vinnie being rusty, I see Pellers keeping Ota and Eli playing together.
Vinnie must play today. It's absolutely crucial. Failure to select him today would set alarm bells ringing.

LVG has got it right for once , they are the underdogs ,apparently they have lost seven out of the last eight derby games (according to eurosport) , we are now their biggest game of the season , they can bullshit all they want about the dipper games , because the derby is 1st game their supporters look for when the fixtures come out , their reaction to last seasons 4-2 result proved the importance , they were gonna finish 2nd in the league blah ,blah , blah , make no mistake this game is their cup final , and the only other cup final they will have this season will be at The Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.