Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinnie must play today. It's absolutely crucial. Failure to select him today would set alarm bells ringing.

Bit of a risk to plunge him into the game after an absence. Even if he's 100% recovered, will he be right on his game? I'd be tempted to go with Mangala and Otamendi because they have been playing well. We brought Kompany back before in big games eg Liverpool away and regretted it

" O ok'm"" p? P l.p.
Take a long look at the rags team what have they got, good keeper - crap defence, aged midfield, lucky youg boy up front. If our boys wants this we should blow them out of the water, if we fail to turn up were doomed to a draw.
I hate to say it, but the Rags are better than ordinary, albeit the giddyness is uncalled for. This won't be an easy game.

Sagna was poor the other night though and hopefully today we can see aleks pushing darmian back and adding to our attack with his delivery. Yaya needs to go up a gear but he is due a big game and we need him big time today to have one. Raheem needs to step up as well and I have a feeling de Bruyne will be immense today! COME ON CITY!

tbf not many of our team impressed on wednesday. On that premise we shouldn't be playing anyone.
I'm happy with either Zabba or Sagna. TBH i don't think this will be about personnel, it's about our
attitude and tempo.

More alarm bells would ring if we start picking players for sentiment rather than them being "best athlete".
Sentiment? What a load of bollocks. Vinnie is our best centre back, he's our captain and leader, and he's got the experience of playing in many Derbies. Ask Rooney whether he'd rather be lining up against Kompany or Otamendi and I could tell you his answer. If he's not selected it will be a major mistake and could lead to us losing this game.

Sentiment? What a load of bollocks. Vinnie is our best centre back, he's our captain and leader, and he's got the experience of playing in many Derbies. Ask Rooney whether he'd rather be lining up against Kompany or Otamendi and I could tell you his answer. If he's not selected it will be a major mistake and could lead to us losing this game.

Worry not. Kompany will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.