Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the Arsenal blueprint of how to beat them

They lack pace and mobility in midfield unless they play Herera

I would play our most technically adept players and look to zip the ball around to avoid the press they always put on. This means no Yaya.

I would also play Sterling up top to stretch them in behind, they play a very high line which he would have a lot of joy against, as an earlier poster mentioned, they have good defenders when presented with a static target man.

My Team:

Hart
Zaba Kompany Mangala Sagna

Fernando Fernadinho

Navas Nasri De Bruyne

Sterling
Nasri injured.

If Toure plays in CM in this game he presents a big problem for us and I can see the rags dominating the midfield. It's ok when he's a major threat going forward, when he somewhat compensates for his defensive deficiencies, but even that side of his game hasn't been all that to justify a starting place.

There's the option of playing the ferns in midfield and pushing Toure forward but which attacking player would you drop for him and why? Navas is playing well, De Bruyne likewise, Sterling will be on a high from his hat trick and dropping Bony after scoring a double and linking up well with Sterling would be insane, imo.

I'd like:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Sagna
Fernando Fernandinho
Navas De Bruyne Sterling
Bony

I think:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Sagna
Fernandinho Toure
Navas De Bruyne Sterling
Bony

If Toure plays in CM in this game he presents a big problem for us and I can see the rags dominating the midfield. It's ok when he's a major threat going forward, when he somewhat compensates for his defensive deficiencies, but even that side of his game hasn't been all that to justify a starting place.

There's the option of playing the ferns in midfield and pushing Toure forward but which attacking player would you drop for him and why? Navas is playing well, De Bruyne likewise, Sterling will be on a high from his hat trick and dropping Bony after scoring a double and linking up well with Sterling would be insane, imo.

I'd like:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Sagna
Fernando Fernandinho
Navas De Bruyne Sterling
Bony

I think:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Sagna
Fernandinho Toure
Navas De Bruyne Sterling
Bony

Two games in a week might be a bit much for Yaya these days, I'd hope Pellergrini uses him to effect in the champions league as we need to attack Seville then rest him for the Derby and go for legs in midfield.

The rags have got a quandary who they play and rest too with CSKA to play, I don't think the turtle would make the mistake of playing Scheinsteiger and Carrick in midfield again but it would be nice if he did.

have a funny feeling were going to see a repeat of that amazing day.
This time like that game is after the same amount of games.
If we win we will be 5 points in front of them at the top of the league.
The game before that we scored 5 against spurs.
We obviously scored 5 at weekend.
What odds on 6 . 1 again

What odds on 6 . 1 again
I admire your optimism

What odds on 6 . 1 again

I feel the same.

Got a strong feeling we're gonna score at least 4.

Course it is. Loose against them next Sunday won't define anything this season, loose Wednesday it could be shit or bust for Europe.
all the years I have been watching City ."The Derby" has always been the big one & always will ,usualy I would think of the bigger picture but not when we play the rags

all the years I have been watching City ."The Derby" has always been the big one & always will ,usualy I would think of the bigger picture but not when we play the rags
i too, am a Euro-sceptic. If there had to be one win and one defeat in our next two games, then it would be a derby win all day long for me.
of course, there's no reason we can't do both...

Miss Aguero, would love to have him for this one he torments them...A point in here is not a bad result but the players know they can beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.