Derby ticket thread.(all in here please)

This forum REALLY needs to sort out what it means by "face value only" because there are too many of you who believe that means - " I'll pay what you paid for it."

ie that I want the deal you got, without needing to bother with any of the investment that you put in.

If my season card costs £1,000 and gives me access to 20 games (I am rounding up) then it is undoubtedly true that I am paying £50 per game, but those games might include United on a Saturday afternoon and Stoke on a Wednesday night, the idea that both are worth the same and that the season card holder should sell them for the same is clearly nonsense. The club grade games A B or C - for that purpose. So face value is :WHAT YOU WOULD PAY THE CLUB ON OPEN SALE.

To suggest, as three people have, that I should fork out £800, have to drag myself to a raft of miserable midweek matches, so that they can benefit from a below-face value price for the most sought after game of the season is taking the Mick.

I have an upper East Stand Ticket spare for the Derby - it will cost £54 which is what you would have to pay on open sale. If you can't afford it, fine, but don't accuse me of profiteering

horizon said:
This forum REALLY needs to sort out what it means by "face value only" because there are too many of you who believe that means - " I'll pay what you paid for it."

ie that I want the deal you got, without needing to bother with any of the investment that you put in.

If my season card costs £1,000 and gives me access to 20 games (I am rounding up) then it is undoubtedly true that I am paying £50 per game, but those games might include United on a Saturday afternoon and Stoke on a Wednesday night, the idea that both are worth the same and that the season card holder should sell them for the same is clearly nonsense. The club grade games A B or C - for that purpose. So face value is :WHAT YOU WOULD PAY THE CLUB ON OPEN SALE.

To suggest, as three people have, that I should fork out £800, have to drag myself to a raft of miserable midweek matches, so that they can benefit from a below-face value price for the most sought after game of the season is taking the Mick.

I have an upper East Stand Ticket spare for the Derby - it will cost £54 which is what you would have to pay on open sale. If you can't afford it, fine, but don't accuse me of profiteering

totally agree.

horizon said:

Sounds very fair to me,i'd want an awful lot more if I was selling mine!

Thenumber1blue said:
horizon said:

you have it spot on and in fact if any blue moaners on here wants it for less name and shame them they are just chancer's and cheap skates
£54 is a bargain m8

hi horizon
tried pm to you but not gone
i would love the ticket please
get in touch if you can
regards gary

de niro said:
horizon said:

totally agree.

Me too. We don't want to see blues ripping off blues!

I'm willing to pay a more than fair amount as long as there is two going spare...

PM if anyone has any!

horizon said:

I'll openly admit that i'm one of the people who has turned down the offer of £54, and thats not because I can't afford it. At the end of the day, you haven't paid the open sale price for this game. You have paid the same amount for all 19 home games whether its the derby or Stoke at home on a Wednesday, yet you are offering it for £54 rather than face value. Now im sure there are plenty of people willing to pay that price for the derby (you could sell it for a lot more outside of this forum so fair play) but at the end of the day you are making money on the ticket. I thought that the whole premice of this forum was for the lucky 'chancers' to get a face value season card price for a seat that would otherwise be empty. If that's not the case, then if one of the moderators can tell me otherwise then I would be grateful.

johnbmcr said:
Thenumber1blue said:
horizon said:

you have it spot on and in fact if any blue moaners on here wants it for less name and shame them they are just chancer's and cheap skates
£54 is a bargain m8

another word you could call them are touts,seems funny how the ones coming on for cheap tickets are mainly the new posters

Gotta tell you £54 is a reasonable price, just look at viagogo and the chancers on there - £100+ I would jump at that one - If available.
not all newbies are unreasonable :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.