Diabetes

In the UK safe levels are between 4 and 6.5 varying on what you've eaten (mine can hit 28 after a large meal and go down to 3.2 if I haven't eaten enough) After a quick scan of non UK levels through google people without diabetes after a meal eaten 2 hours before the reading should have a reading of about 140 and those with diabetes are about 180.

If you don't eat regularly your liver can produce insulin to maintain glucose homeostasis you have to eat regularly to balance this and be healthier. Also the fats can cover your liver what I wasn't initially told is how much more dangerous certain fats are to me because they can prohibit my insulin from my liver kicking in, it's why I mentioned rapeseed oil it's the best oil for diabetics obviously olive oil is another oil with health benefits but it's minging and I don't care for it.

Your levels of 170 sound more like a warning, do you eat healthy and exercise? are you overweight mate?

I'd like to add that this condition if you own it and manage it is by no means a death sentence.

No not over weight at all, but dont concentrate to much on the diet. i have had a couple of close calls with low sugar a few times and i was doin just fine except for the past 4 days so i got it checked twice just to be sure, after a night meal it was 175 and 165 in the morning the next day. For the past 4 days every time i woke up it felt as if i have no energy at all. Diabetes do run in the family which kind of scares me and thanks alot for detailed input. Appreciated

You can have raised sugar levels if you have a virus or other illnesses even stress and a poor diet, non diabetics system control sugar levels under normal conditions good diet no illness but diabetics need help because it's a progressive condition they haven't found a cure for yet.

In short you can have high sugar levels for a short period of time which isn't dangerous because it's short term, the real problem would be low sugar because you can have a hypo and fall into a coma in non diabetics low blood sugar manifests as feeling a bit faint because your hungry or having the shakes.

I have had numerous hypos and drink coke or orange juice, now I make sure my levels are at least 7 before I go to sleep.

Hate to burst your bubble but type 2 diabetes is a Lifestyle disease which can be reversed by lifestyle changes.
Ask me how I know?

Hate to burst your bubble but type 2 diabetes is a Lifestyle disease which can be reversed by lifestyle changes.
Ask me how I know?

No it isn't and mine can't be reversed. Borderline diabetes type 2 that is "Borderline" can be improved but not cured.

Type 2 Diabetes can be reversed by lifestyle diet and exercise. Insulin resistance caused by decades of too much sugar and carbohydrate in the diet the Panceas has to release huge volumes of insulin to put the sugar out of the blood into muscle and fat cells then eventually the Pancreas just stops working.

Diabetes/insulin resistance drives heart disease not nice follow a lower carb diet, intermittent fasting some exercise and you can reverse this. When I say reverse if you go back to your usual diet it will come back.

Type 2 Diabetes can be reversed by lifestyle diet and exercise. Insulin resistance caused by decades of too much sugar and carbohydrate in the diet the Panceas has to release huge volumes of insulin to put the sugar out of the blood into muscle and fat cells then eventually the Pancreas just stops working.

Diabetes/insulin resistance drives heart disease not nice follow a lower carb diet, intermittent fasting some exercise and you can reverse this.

There are a lot of studies that conflict in this area depending on how far down the line you are with diabetes.

There are a lot of studies that conflict in this area depending on how far down the line you are with diabetes.

Yep, helped a lot of people with this come off Metformin with this approach. However if they go back to a shitty lifestyle its meds for life.

Yep, helped a lot of people with this come off Metformin with this approach. However if they go back to a shitty lifestyle its medsfor life.

The studies need to be done it would be great if a consensus could be reached on how to reverse the early onset of diabetes by rehabilitating peoples diets etc. The Newcastle trials highlighted age as a factor where the test didn't have desirable effects, also the inability of people to perform sufficient exercise through mobility issues.

Conclusion
The study points to the possibility that some people with type 2 diabetes may be able to be treated with diet alone if they are able to lose enough excess weight – and keep it off.

However, the results we have are from a small group of highly motivated volunteers, so we don't know how many people would be able to follow the diet and keep the weight off afterwards.

An intake of 700 calories a day is around a third of the recommended intake for a woman (2,000 calories) and around a quarter of the intake for a man (2,500 calories). Even the most committed dieter may find it hard to stick to these limits.

Even within this group, one participant was excluded from the study after week one of the very low calorie diet for not meeting the weight loss target of 3.8% body weight.

The problem with the reversal process is that people are different and they have different metabolic rates also they are on different levels of drug dependence to control the condition.

Ask me how I know?

And I am reading up on this now mate because I am genuinely interested I don't have a closed mind and alternatives to drugs would be marvellous.

The studies need to be done it would be great if a consensus could be reached on how to reverse the early onset of diabetes by rehabilitating peoples diets etc. The Newcastle trials highlighted age as a factor where the test didn't have desirable effects, also the inability of people to perform sufficient exercise through mobility issues.

The problem with the reversal process is that people are different and they have different metabolic rates also they are on different levels of drug dependence to control the condition.

What I found mate is limiting the need for insulin massively helps limiting sugar/carbs some people still need a smaller dose of medication and others can bin it all together but this is a rest of life lifestyle change going back to a shite diet is road to ruin.

What I found mate is limiting the need for insulin massively helps limiting sugar/carbs some people still need a smaller dose of medication and others can bin it all together but this is a rest of life lifestyle change going back to a shite diet is road to ruin.

I have an injury which limits my mobility and I really do eat sensibly no processed foods red meat etc and am not overweight. I know at least 5 other people who are borderline diabetic and diet and exercise would help them enormously. Crappy diets bring baggage your body can't control I agree mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.