Diarra to Real Madrid

der-bomber said:
...I personally think we have dodged a bullet on this one, could never understand what everyone saw in Diarra.

...although, he does have deceptive pace.... he's slower than he looks

Cheslea, Arsenal, Pompey and now Madrid are wrong and you're right. The guy is class.

markbmcfc said:
FEEDHIMGARY said:
avoidconfusion said:
Yep, please close this thread, he's gone to Real, Portsmouth confirmed it.

Makes me wonder... if we can't even get Diarra... what are our chances to get any decent player really...

with all due respect mate... its Real who have come in for him... not sure we can compete with that just yet. think weve been unlucky on this one, with firstly pompy not really wanting to do business with us and secondly ramos going to Real

Agreed, same thing happened with Ronaldinho, a better more historic club came in for him. Without Milan - we'd have got him and it seems only for Real, we'd have got Diarra.

exactly... im just happy we are competing with REAL MADRID for a player!

realisticly though, im sure most would agree that any player would probably choose 3 or 4 clubs in the world over signing for us for the project and the money.

We have to accept this will happen for a few years until we reach that stage, but all the noises are that these players do consider us, so we're halfway there.

If by some chance Diarra did now end up at City it would be purely for the money, and he would be lambasted across Europe as a total mercenary. As good as he may be we do not want players here purely for the money. Let's face it we cannot compete yet with the Real Madrids of this world. Hopefully this will soon change, but realistically we can't expect this yet.

bluebarn said:
If by some chance Diarra did now end up at City it would be purely for the money, and he would be lambasted across Europe as a total mercenary. As good as he may be we do not want players here purely for the money. Let's face it we cannot compete yet with the Real Madrids of this world. Hopefully this will soon change, but realistically we can't expect this yet.

What and you think the likes of Robinho and Kaka etc will come here because of the fans or history? Money is the only thing in our favour at the moment and the only chance we have of beating the likes of Madrid to transfer targets.

We could always go for Heskey I hear he's on a free soon!

jay_mcfc said:
bluebarn said:

What and you think the likes of Robinho and Kaka etc will come here because of the fans or history? Money is the only thing in our favour at the moment and the only chance we have of beating the likes of Madrid to transfer targets.

We could always go for Heskey I hear he's on a free soon!

agreed.

bluebarn said:

would only be here for the money over madrid, to be expected really.

more fish in the sea.

bluebarn said:

hate to say it but i have to agree. it's not like he's BFF with Robinho or anything, so what other reason could it be? i rate Diarra quite highly, and there are some players i'd love to have even if they only come for the cash, but Diarra's not one of them (De Rossi is, and maybe Cambiasso). as much as i hate Real they made it out of the group round in the CL and they have been (arguably) the most prestigious club in the world since the 50s.

hope there were other holding mids on the list.

jay_mcfc said:
der-bomber said:
...I personally think we have dodged a bullet on this one, could never understand what everyone saw in Diarra.

Cheslea, Arsenal, Pompey and now Madrid are wrong and you're right. The guy is class.
chelsea and arsenal got shut of him! what does that tell you.

blue dallas said:
jay_mcfc said:
der-bomber said:

chelsea and arsenal got shut of him! what does that tell you.

"Arsène Wenger believes Lassana Diarra's move to Portmsouth was prompted by a bit of "panic"

With the European Championships on the horizon, a perceived lack of games led to the midfielder seeking pastures new. It was a problem the 22-year-old had encountered before.

"I believe he was impatient especially because he had known a situation like that before at Chelsea," said Wenger. "When he had exactly the same problem again, he panicked a little bit."

Having battled for the Frenchman's signature just a few months ago, Wenger expressed regret at the departure. However with an abundance of talent in the middle, the boss has no doubt the gap can be filled.

"I regret that he has gone and I wish him well," said Wenger. "I believe he has enough quality to play at the top level, that means for a big club.

"He was impatient and I decided to open the door because I have players in that position."

"But you always regret to lose a very good player."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.