Did anyone hear about the incident at ASDA @ Eastlands?

sweynforkbeard said:
Did I tell you about the night I took my pet dog to a Chinese restaurant and then drove home afterwards past a car that had no lights on?

wait...what did it order?

Newlunar said:
Shit I was going to do all my xmas shopping there as well, especially since that bloke with the Irish accent (or was it Asian) told me on the phone to stay away from the Trafford Centre.
lol, i heard that one

stony said:
Robbo. said:
Bollocks....and you know it!

This story is older than you Robbo and it's been around the internet for years. It's always a Rumanian or a Pole or whatever nationality someone has it in for on that particular week. There is clear racist overtones to this urban myth, you just don't want to admit it.

It wasn’t a racial attack at all!!....fucking hell i heard it for the fist time today and thought it would be a benefit to people on here. Everything in news today could be classed as racist, if the PC brigade choose to. Its fucking stupid.

Robbo. said:
stony said:
This story is older than you Robbo and it's been around the internet for years. It's always a Rumanian or a Pole or whatever nationality someone has it in for on that particular week. There is clear racist overtones to this urban myth, you just don't want to admit it.

It wasn’t a racial attack at all!!....fucking hell i heard it for the fist time today and thought it would be a benefit to people on here. Everything in news today could be classed as racist, if the PC brigade choose to. Its fucking stupid.

It's a made up story, it's not true. With that in mind, why are the people who are abducting the child always foreign ?

I'm in no way suggesting you are racist but the people who made up the story are.

stony said:
Robbo. said:

It's a made up story, it's not true. With that in mind, why are the people who are abducting the child always foreign ?

I'm in no way suggesting you are racist but the people who made up the story are.

Yes I see where this is going and you are right.

The best thing to do when someone sends you one of these pathetic mails is check it out on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.breakthechain.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.breakthechain.org</a>. You will find that 99.9% are pure nonsense. We already live in a society driven by paranoia and fear, these mails and warnings further perpetuate the myth that society is getting worse and child abduction, trafficking and paedophilia is rife and becoming more prevalent. (It isn't). Of course these things do exist and when they occur they are usually high profile media stories (like the Mccanns). These stories often contain horrific, sensational events and yet those stories never appear in mainstream media for one very good reason. They never happened.

Here is the original version of the story that was posted in this thread. (From Breakthechain.org)

SAMPLE CHAIN LETTER TEXT

This info came from an Arlington Ploice Officer. Take a look!

Even if you do not have little kids pass this one on to everyone you can think of. You never know who you might save by sending this e-mail. Please take the time and forward this to any friend who has children, grandchildren, or anyone that knows children. THANKS!

I wanted to share something that happened while shopping at Sam's Club. A mother was leaning over looking for meat and turned around to find her 4 year-old daughter was gone, she started calling her daughter with no luck. We asked a man who worked at Sam's to announce it over the loud speaker for Katie. He did, and, let me say, he immediately walked right past me when I asked and went to a pole where there was a phone. He made an announcement for all the doors and gates to be locked a codesomething (In K-Mart, and some other stores, this is called a Code ADAM (See note below), so they locked all the doors at once. This took all of 3 minutes after the man was asked to do this. They found the little girl 5 minutes later in a bathroom stall. Her head was half shaved, and she was dressed in her underwear with a bag of clothes, a razor, and wig sitting on the floor beside her to make her look different. Whoever this person was, took the little girl, brought her into the bathroom, shaved half her head, undressed her in a matter of less than 10 minutes.

This makes me shake to no end. Please keep a close eye on your kids when in big places where it's easy for you to get separated. It only took a few minutes to do all of this-another 5 minutes and she would have been out the door...I am still in shock some sick person could do this, let alone in a matter of minutes. The days are over when our little ones could run rampant all over the place and nothing worse would happen to them. The little girl is fine. Thank God for fast workers who didn't take any chances.

Code ADAM is named after the son of John Walsh of the TV show America's Most Wanted. ADAM WALSH was abducted from the toy section of a store in Florida and murdered.

BE SURE TO FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE SO THEY KNOW JUST HOW SICK PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE!

END CHAIN LETTER TEXT

This one has all the makings of an urban legend: it's not dated, it happened in a high-profile company's store, it supposedly comes from a reliable source, a terrible crime was narrowly thwarted, it could happen to you, and you should warn everyone you know.

Stories of narrowly averted child abductions have actually been around for over 20 years, with many variations putting it in different cities and other store chains.

Somebody, either trying to be helpful or just trying to increase the warning's credibility, added the information about Code Adam to the message. Unfortunately, the information is sketchy. Code Adam is a program of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) that has been spear-headed by Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores nationwide. The program is, indeed, named for the abducted and murdered son of John Walsh.

Instead of spreading paranoia and questionable anecdotes, spread the facts about Code Adam and the NCMEC. Make some real progress by encouraging local merchants who don't already participate in Code Adam to do so, and encourage "everyone you know" to do the same with their local businesses. Break this Chain!

Bloody hell, if parents listened to all this rubbish they'd never let their children out the door.
Anyone would think there are paedo's on every corner just waiting to steal our children from us. I know parents who don't let their children out unsupervised at all, how sad is that ?
There are horrible people out there, just like there were when i was a kid in the early 70's, the only real difference today is that the media report every awful story and it can sometimes feel as if we are under attack but we aren't, the biggest worry for me today is the amount of traffic on the roads and the problems that causes for children playing outdoors.
Horrible things happen but many can be stopped by just using common sense, please don't use the McCanns as proof of what could happen to our kids, they decided to go on the piss and have a bite to eat , no one forced them, what happened was awful but if they'd used a little common sense then Maddie might still be alive.
I feel sorry for the kids that don't have proper childhoods because their parents are too stupid to question these sorts of stories and thus keep them indoors as a way of protecting them from all the hideous people out there, how ridiculous.

sweynforkbeard said:
That's why I was so brassed off-I mean, microwaving a talking dog-I could have earned millions.
ah the talking dog story.
a travelling salesman in america calls at a house and knocks on the door ..no answer,on the porch is a dog ,the dogs say"there,s nobody in mate"the bloke looks round in astonishment "did you just talk"he says to the dog,dogs says yeah whats the big deal?thats incredible... dog..thats fuck all I used to work for the c.i.a I was there top spy...bloke ..no shit..dog ..yeah worked in russia,iraq, iran ,china Im famous! Ive even met the president..just then the owner arrives ..bloke.. hey thats some dog you have there!..owner.. oh yeah he,s great(ironic tone)..bloke.. you wanna sell him to me? owner .he,s not for sale..bloke..I,ll give you whatever you ask, name your price!..owner..he,s been talking to you hasent he?..bloke.. yeah he,s amazing, working for the c.i.a. n stuff, please sell him to me!..owner..no I cant sell him to you it would,nt be fair..bloke..why not.. owner..coz he,s a LYING LITTLE BASTARD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.