Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance (merged)

Re: Did Pantz do enough to warrant a final appearance

Was surprised when I saw his name on the team sheet, but well deserved appearance, hope he gets the final, was nice to see Joe congratulate him at the end, his distribution was the only minor negative.

Lomas has a lob on said:
alky313 said:
I don't think there's much of a gap between Joe and Pants. I'd almost reckon we play Pants in all matches with more physical forwards and teams who live off the set piece.

There is a big difference between Hart and Pantilimon.
He pulled of some cracking saves today, but he stayed routed to his line after his flap in the first half, there were a couple of occasions when he could have come off his line and taken the pressure of the defence.

I dont want this to seem like I am slagging the big guy, but Hart is in a completely different league.

Perhaps that's because Joe gets far more match opportunities and in spite of that has still made some big mistakes.

Pants in the final no question and I agree with those people who wish him well as a regular starter at another club.

It would be a bit shit if he gets dropped now from the Final team. Joe is still number 1 but Pantz will be keeping him on his toes now with his preformances in the cup so far. Thats the benefit of having a strong squad with Pantz coming into the team we still have a safe pair of hands between the sticks.

He did great, and he will start in final if there is any justice in world. But what i find amazing is how many our ''fans'' are looking for any tiny bad thing he does just to do the ''told you so''. But in the same time ignoring so many glaring mistakes done by Hart this year. I would have thought that every City fan is behind him, not wish him to fail, just to proclaim how amazing Hart is and Mancini was wrong. Take a look at Barca and Pinto, I always liked what they did

leighton said:
It would be a bit shit if he gets dropped now from the Final team. Joe is still number 1 but Pantz will be keeping him on his toes now with his preformances in the cup so far. Thats the benefit of having a strong squad with Pantz coming into the team we still have a safe pair of hands between the sticks.

Well said. Good goalkeepers are worth their weight in gold. Competition for places is good for morale and success.

Anyone who thinks Pants shouldn't play is deluded. How can you put the guy in the net for every round of the cup, and then drop him for the final? You all must be pissed 24/7 rather than just yesterday at Wembley to think that! He's proven himself this season, thought he was a real presence in the box at Stoke and he pulled off some brilliant saves yesterday. More than deserves his place in the team. WE'VE ONLY CONCEDED ONE GOAL! Joe Hart's reaction after the game said it all too, the squad are behind Pants and I think it's a real sign of our clubs progression that we can play our second choice GK throughout our entire cup run.

Worst Case Ontario said:
He did great, and he will start in final if there is any justice in world. But what i find amazing is how many our ''fans'' are looking for any tiny bad thing he does just to do the ''told you so''. But in the same time ignoring so many glaring mistakes done by Hart this year. I would have thought that every City fan is behind him, not wish him to fail, just to proclaim how amazing Hart is and Mancini was wrong. Take a look at Barca and Pinto, I always liked what they did

It's tough being reserve goalkeeper. I always regarded Keith Macrae as a safe pair of hands if Joe wasn't available.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 pm --<br /><br />
liamc said:
Anyone who thinks Pants shouldn't play is deluded. How can you put the guy in the net for every round of the cup, and then drop him for the final? You all must be pissed 24/7 rather than just yesterday at Wembley to think that! He's proven himself this season, thought he was a real presence in the box at Stoke and he pulled off some brilliant saves yesterday. More than deserves his place in the team. WE'VE ONLY CONCEDED ONE GOAL! Joe Hart's reaction after the game said it all too, the squad are behind Pants and I think it's a real sign of our clubs progression that we can play our second choice GK throughout our entire cup run.

Well said Sir.

Definitely Pantz for the final, I'm sure Joe understands.

Also I would like him to stay, always good to have two decent keepers like we did in the sixties with Harry Dowd/Ken Mulhearn.

Joe is well used to competition anyhow from the time Shay Given was at the Etihad..

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Definitely Pantz for the final, I'm sure Joe understands.

Also I would like him to stay, always good to have two decent keepers like we did in the sixties with Harry Dowd/Ken Mulhearn.

Joe is well used to competition anyhow from the time Shay Given was at the Etihad..
But there isn't any real competition because Joe is an automatic shoe in for Premier league games despite his performances not meriting automatic selection. Pants deserves a run out in the Prem. It would be interesting then to see Joe's reaction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.