Did that whole 100 points thing mean more to you than you thought it would?

Exactly as so many others have said, I didn't really care... then when the game continued and continued without a goal, I started to care more and more! I was just thinking (rather fatuously) how "typical City" it would be to blow BOTH the big unique opportunities (winning the league against the rags, and reaching 100 points) when Jesus scored!

I cared because an opportunity like this doesn’t come around that often or ever again. Next season I’d take 90 points now that will win the league for me.

It mattered to everyone in that away end, not seen anything like it since aguerooooooooo

I've been praying for it since December, wanted us to break all the records when it was clear the title was ours

Not really, because I always felt like reaching 100 points was going to be the only way this City team gets remembered by the masses. You need a tag line in this media world - “The Invincibles”, “the treble-winning team” etc. We are The Centurions. And in 50 years time, we’ll still be talked about as such. 100 points elevates us to greatness.

Immense for the club and supporters. First to 100 in the professional game is marker that can never be beaten.
Absolutely right.
It's much better than being the second club to go unbeaten like Arsenal did.
We are the original Centurions and Preston North End are the original Invincibles. No-one can take that away from either club.

In a season of record breaking superlatives, it was the final, last kick, icing on the cake.

I was a bit gutted about the United loss, for about 15mins, loss of bragging rights for a day, but then re-thought about the gap, and that it was only our 2nd loss in the league.
I was really gutted about Huddersfield draw, because I was hoping just needing a draw on last game of season to get to 100, along with getting to the magic 19+ points ahead of 2nd.

But with WBA coming up trumps, it was back on....
...I must admit to swearing loudly under my breath as the 90+ mins ticked over against Southampton.

...and then surprising Mrs JASR with a glass of bubbly 2 mins later , + large grin.

Without a doubt. And doubly enjoyable is how much it meant to our "rivals" that we didn't achieve it. I have a really great froend who is a Liverpool fan and her first retort to my mentioning it was to mention the money.

Since I replied about their success being bankrolled by littlewoods and this being unarguably the greatest team in history, she hasn't spoken to me. A great shame but that's how much it meant to otherwise lovely and rational people.

Didn't really care at all about getting 100 points, but when Gabby scored I went mad. Loved it.

Proud that we are centurions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.