Did you celebrate? (vs Spurs pg21)

It seems to me they are starting to look at our decisions a bit more closely and will likely favor the opposition if it’s border line and they can get away with it. Like I said in an earlier post we need to score more goals to get around this problem.

Last edited:
It seems to me they are starting to look at our decisions a bit more closely and will likely favor the opposition if it’s border line and they can get away with it. Like I said in an earlier post we need to score more goals to get around this problem.

So effectively, we are handicapped.
Might as well give the opposition a one or two goal start.

The handball rule is ridiculous, intent, yes i totally agree but yesterdays what should have been the winner,, no! Offside by a millimetre? Although it seems harsh, very harsh but we all like the goal line technology rule which has possibly worked in our favour especially against Liverpool on a couple of occasions. One thing is sure, its spoiling our game, for the players and more importantly the fans who for decades have paid to watch the game we all love. A clear cut penalty yesterday was missed, not even looked at by VAR, can VAR look into what a referee hasn't seen? because they didn't yesterday.

Yep, forgot I wasn't supposed to until given the all clear! The powers that be needn't worry though I have leaned my lesson-twice bitten thrice shy!

It would be amusing if, next game after we score, the players don't celebrate but stand in front of the big screen waiting for it to he awarded. Would make their point.
Honestly hope they do this or have a message on their shirts about VAR.

Spot on!..I'm sure Pep will be saying the same thing, Control the controllables. We created enough to be 3 or 4-2 up before that incident even happened. Then the emotion in disallowing the goal is totally different.

Onward and upwards!

I didn't actually. I stood up and went to clap but I thought the flag was going to go up because I was convinced Jesus was going to be given offside. I waited for the VAR check and was surprised when it turned out to be for handball. I didn't know it was for handball until they put the replay up on the screens.

I leapt around like a lunatic with my (adult) son, and even shouted in his ear:

"Another last minute winner against Spurs ... only this time, it stands ! Almost makes up for the Champions League !"

I was super confident as really couldn't see any possible reason it could be disallowed ... no Spurs player trying to get the ref's attention or anything.

My son was still leaping around and telling me we've gone top of the league, when I saw the screen and had to tap him on his bouncing shoulder and point to what it said.

Absolute sickener.

Again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.