Did you celebrate? (vs Spurs pg21)

Celebrated like a loon when Jesus scored, but i'm more fuming at the penalty incident, in real time looked a penalty but VAR didn't want to know.

I'm also surprised Agueros goal didn't get looked at for offside as i thought that was going to be ruled out.

I went mental, like you do with an injury time winner in a match like that, and for that moment had completely forgot about VAR.

Then the cnut that VAR is sucked the life out of me and I'm still down in the dumps about it this morning and what it's doing to the game we all love.

As I said previously; why was that particular goal the only one looked at? I also thought that the Sterling goal was offside.
All goals are reviewed, it wasn't only that one.
I celebrated all three and spent the final minute slumped in my seat cursing because VAR wasn't introduced for that sort of incident. As in the CL QF, not a single spurs player complained at the time, and it certainly wasn't a "clear and obvious error".
I supported VAR as I believe we get more than our fair share of useless officials (those who won't give a penalty unless it's to a diver in a red shirt etc.) but the non-penalty yesterday, and the clearly accidental handball means I'm rapidly changing my mind.
Another point: Do the VAR gang watch the games or do they just review stuff? If it's the former I'd like to think one of them got a message to Oliver telling him he'll look a right twat on the telly for not giving that penalty.

It would be amusing if, next game after we score, the players don't celebrate but stand in front of the big screen waiting for it to he awarded. Would make their point.
Loving this. Similar to when they celebrated at Millwall in front of an empty stand when we were banned. Think the players should split into two groups looking at both screens then once the goal has been given meet in the middle. On the Rodri penalty it was more clear cut than the Lanzini one last week which Dean made a big show of letting everyone know was being checked. Premier League needs to come out and explain why it wasn’t given in the first place and secondly why VAR decided it wasn’t a clear and obvious error. In rugby a tackle around the neck would see a player in the sin bin and possibly more given it was off the ball.

Went mental infront of the spurs fans felt like a right knob when I had to walk away again in the space of 4 months lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.